All Turtles is a mission-driven product studio. We solve clear, meaningful problems felt by people and companies alike, and make products with simple, direct business models. Based in San Francisco and Tokyo, our collaborative multi-disciplinary team is distributed across the US and Japan.
As a designer working on projects or partnering with studio companies, you’ll establish brand identity and positioning for products in alpha and beta and beyond. You’ll push pixels but also participate in strategic conversations to shape how new products communicate who they are and what they do.
If you enjoy thinking holistically about brand and working across every facet of identity and marketing—from logos and naming conventions to style guides and design systems to websites and campaigns—this role could be a fit. We’re looking for someone who loves hands-on design work but who also wants to contribute strategically to early-stage projects and companies.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Exploring a variety of visual design options and directions in a rapid iterative fashion
- Defining, developing, and delivering the visual design components of our products and working with engineers to ensure design integrity
- Creating concepts, designs, production assets, and visual design guidelines
- Refining and refreshing existing visual designs
- Contributing to and improving our design culture (best practices, tools, deliverables, communications, relationships, etc.)
- Working collaboratively with others
- Handling a continually changing workload
Ideally, you’ll have:
- An outstanding eye for detail and consistency, combined with a deep understanding of branding, typography, color, usability, grid systems and responsive frameworks
- Strong sense of concept development, in addition to communication, collaboration, research, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Solid visual design foundation (typography, layout, etc.)
- Proficiency with leading design software including Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.
- Ability to see an assignment through to completion in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to juggle multiple, varying assignments
- Experience building out a wide range of brand identity systems