Amplified IT is a multi-award winning education-technology consultancy. We’re proud to say that we currently work with over 4,000 districts; including 10 of the 15 largest in North America. Our success comes down to our team, products and the way we work: in short we know Google and we know Education.
Amplified IT is entering our next phase of growth and looking to add a dedicated, driven, Higher Education Business Development Lead to lead our expansion into the Higher Education market. Amplified IT is uniquely positioned to help thousands of Higher Ed institutions across North America transform the way they educate.
Our Higher Ed Lead will work across the business leading the development of strategy, sales processes and account management as it relates to Higher Education. They will be expected to work closely with our development and delivery teams to provide the best solution and experience for the customer. As we are a mature startup, we expect our HE Lead to establish their role but be flexible, and to take on other challenges as they appear.
At Amplified IT, we believe diverse teams work smarter, have more fun on the job, and empathize better with the needs of education institutions. When we hire, evaluate, reward, and promote, we strive to ensure each person is judged as an individual on the merits of their unique contributions to the work, as free as possible from bias or discrimination.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Experiment, develop, and document standard sales processes while remaining flexible to optimise this process as things change (new products, new people, new tech) and remove roadblocks as they’re identified.
- Establish a sales strategy to increase depth and breadth of higher education market capture and translate that into annual and quarterly goals.
- Re-engage institutions to open new deals and deepen engagement at institutions we already are working closely with.
- Work closely with the development, delivery, and marketing teams to ensure the sales funnel is filled with quality leads, that the handoff is smooth, and that the teams receive any feedback as necessary.
- Working across the team, use lessons, feedback and data to create plans for product and service development to better serve the Higher Ed market.
- Continuously stay up to date on the higher education landscape and user needs including competition, partners, budgets, budget cycles and any other latest developments.
- Possess a strong technical understanding with the confidence to have conversations with highly technical clients to explore technical requirements with minimum touch points.
- 5+ years of sales/business development experience
- 2+ years of working experience in the Higher Education space.
- Demonstrated ability to create sales strategies, sales processes, and optimize these as necessary.
- Strong knowledge of reporting and dashboards; highly focused on data, numbers and process.
- Proven track record working in a high-volume, collaborative environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with proven ability to manage projects with high levels of technical and/or functional complexity.
What can Amplified IT offer you?
- Mission-driven culture to improve technology access in Education institutions in North America.
- Flexible working hours to support work-life balance.
- Market competitive rates and benefits including healthcare, dental and FSA.
- 401k with a 4% Company Match.
- Professional and personal development stipends.
- Paid time off and sick leave.