We are a diverse, fully-distributed team from around the world, working toward a shared vision to raise the standard of trust online. Join our team as a Business Development Manager and help shape many of the partnerships we work on.
As part of our growing team, you will collaborate with team members at all levels to identify and close distribution and content partnerships to improve our products. Examples of projects you might work on include: Securing partnerships and owning relationships with data source and infrastructure partners; exploring and securing partnerships in support of future products in development, etc. We empower our team to be self-directed and self-motivated in their work. If you’d thrive in that environment, and our core values resonate with you — build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction — you’ll fit right in!
What you will do
- Lead projects from proposal through postmortem, assessing vague problems, proposing high impact solutions, and executing them against a set of success criteria.
- Negotiate and close partnerships of moderate to high complexity with little oversight.
- Manage relationships with existing partners and pursue opportunities to expand partnerships.
- Contribute to strategy development, and identify, scope and pursue business development opportunities.
- Coordinate with internal teams (product, engineering, design, etc) to support objective needs and execute on partner integrations.
- Coordinate with internal and external legal resources to structure and close partnership opportunities.
- Participate in events, conferences and PR functions when deemed of value.
- Analyze partner performance metrics, in combination with market metrics and other public data, to recommend actionable opportunities.
What we are looking for
- Past experience, minimum of 7+ years working in business development, with over 3 years in leading high complexity partnerships.
- Proven success in similar roles, developing business opportunities, and structuring and closing high complexity partnerships, ideally in a web- or software-based business.
- Experience negotiating complex partnerships including the ability to draft term sheets and contract language.
- Experience navigating complicated business org structures, identifying and reaching decision-makers, crafting proposals and driving successful outcomes.
- Comfort working in a tech-forward environment and basic understanding of web technologies.
- Familiarity with search, digital advertising or e-commerce landscapes, with strong awareness of established and disruptive brands.
- Team-oriented and able to collaborate with others both within and beyond our functional team.
- Focused critical thinking and problem-solving skills, devising improvements to processes and contributing to strategy at the project and objective level.
- Effective project management skills.
- Strong communication skills: You clearly articulate, in verbal and written communication, your recommendations and decisions.
- Comfortable providing feedback to an array of stakeholders, internal and external, in the organization.
- Ability to work with partners based in the US east and west coast time zones.
Annual compensation: $159,667 USD and stock options.
Maintaining satisfaction at work is one of our company objectives, just like maintaining and improving our private search engine. Our Team Member Support Guide explains how we make you our top priority.
For over a decade, we’ve built a unique culture that helps us continuously improve job satisfaction and productivity. Want to know more? Check out DuckDuckGo Culture: How We Work for an overview of how we collaborate worldwide.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
- Sometimes we meet up! Expect to travel at least two times a year: once for our all-hands meetup and again for a team retreat (each ~4-5 days).
- While this is a full-time job and we offer a flexible work arrangement with no core hours, expect an average commitment of 40 hours per week.