All Turtles is a mission-driven product studio. We solve clear, meaningful problems felt by people and companies alike, and make products with simple, direct business models. Based in San Francisco and Tokyo, our collaborative multi-disciplinary team is distributed across the US and Japan.
We’re looking for the first Community Manager for a new streaming video product we’re about to launch. Since we’re just getting started, you’ll be responsible for increasing our user base and community from scratch, and, working with our Head of Marketing & Communications, developing the brand presence. This role will be the ombudsperson for users, which will require you to advocate for their interests. Your primary objective will be to foster more and better community involvement.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Developing a plan to reach users of the new product, implementing that plan, and then adjusting that plan as the audience and its needs grow and change.
- Creating content to demonstrate creative uses and new features.
- Finding and connecting with people who are already using the product, and finding ways to feature their work.
- Curating interesting and beautiful uses of mmhmm.
- Designing programs to encourage creative uses of the product, then recruiting participants, and running those programs.
- Addressing any controversy or conflict that emerges from the way people are using the product, and contributing creative solutions to resolve the controversy.
- Managing all social media channels, and triaging messages to the right place to resolve issues as they arise.
Ideally, you’ll have:
- At least 2 years of experience managing online communities or a company’s social media accounts.
- Experience managing social media for an early stage product, especially from pre-launch to a large audience.
- Good design sense and maybe some design experience.
- A willingness to experiment with new approaches or tactics, and the humility to be critical about whether or not they’re successful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility in a fast paced environment, working as part of a small team.