Content marketing is a vital piece of marketing. And though we’ve gotten pretty far without investing a ton into content marketing, we are excited about opening up this marketing vertical and are looking for someone to own the journey.
In one year, our vision is for Humi to become the go-to source of education and inspiration for all things people-related. And that means we need an experienced and outside-the-box thinker to join our marketing team to lead the charge.
Who are we?
Humi’s mission is to make the lives of business and their employees easier. Starting with a powerful yet intuitive HR, Payroll, and Benefits platform that touches every employee in an organization, Humi is reimagining the future of work.
Located downtown Toronto, minutes walk from Union Station, Humi offers a collaborative and friendly work environment, competitive benefits, and equity options for every employee. We think of the team like a family, and focus on hiring low-ego, high output contributors who care about the impact of their work.
Humi is positioned to grow, confidently backed by the same group who backed Slack, Carta, and more (Tribe Capital), a top startup accelerator and venture fund (Y-Combinator), as well as several of the world’s leading angel investors.
Why join the Humi Family?
- Be part of a group that genuinely cares about one another and wants to go to work everyday (Doubt this? Ask the team.)
- Work with a high performance team that loves to be challenged
- Access leadership opportunities as the company rapidly scales
- Participate in hard skill development workshops as well as lunch and learns
- Maintain work-life balance with unlimited personal days and flexible work from home policy
What will you be doing as the Content Marketing Specialist?
- Be on top of industry trends, alongside our Director of HR, and become a research guru to develop your content themes, thought-leadership and stories that will resonate with Canadian businesses
- Help to establish Humi as a go-to resource for the most engaging and innovative people-related content
- Create and execute a comprehensive content plan across various formats including webinars, video, reports, blogs, ebooks, customer stories, and more.
- Partner with our Demand Marketing Specialist to align the editorial calendar with upcoming marketing campaigns and to amplify content to the right audiences
- Work closely with our brand designer to present content in appealing, intuitive ways for a variety of audiences
- Own media relations - you will manage the relationship and projects with our PR agency
- Manage all social media channels (we currently use LinkedIn, Twitter, Youtube, and Instagram)
- Own SEO efforts. Work with our team and our SEO tool (Ahrefs) to make sure that all technical optimizations are made, while ensuring that your content plan is aligned with SEO goals.
What are we looking for in a Content Marketing Specialist?
- A track record for building great content marketing
- Excellent copywriting skills and knows that copywriting is the name of the game
- Creativity that will challenge the marketing team to think outside of the ideas we’ve brought to the table
- Empathy towards the challenges that Canadian businesses face, especially when it comes to their people
- Social media finesse
- Basic video editing skills