The Content Marketing Team creates blog posts, guides, emails, customer stories, ad copy, and more to support marketing efforts for brand, demand, and product marketing.
The Copywriter/Editor will be the embodiment of Stripe Marketing voice and tone, creating and managing compelling and engaging content across several marketing channels. These include—but are not limited to—email, ad copy, landing pages, case studies, and social. This role will require close strategic alignment with several teams within the broader Marketing team, including demand, integrated, product, brand, partner, enterprise, and regional teams in APAC and EMEA. This role also will own strategy for digital ads and other repeatable marketing motions, managing a team of contractors that are trained on Stripe voice and tone. Additionally, this role will work directly with User Comms to manage consistency in messaging and appropriate cadence of communications with users. The Copywriter/Editor will collaborate with Communications on a coherent social media strategy that tells a consistent and engaging story about Stripe, its products, and its users.
You are a dedicated copywriter and editor who fully understands the power of well constructed messaging across all channels. You have a firm grasp of voice and tone and know how to make it apparent in different form factors, from user comms to email nurture campaigns to standalone social posts. You are a stickler for proper style, grammar, and punctuation. You have a keen sense of your audience and how to best leverage various marketing channels. You know how to build relationships and trust with that audience through consistent messaging, strategic use of channels, and economy of words.
- Collaborate with other Marketing teams to create high-leverage artifacts, including product landing pages, websites for flagship events, and comms materials for major launches and announcements
- Serve as an editorial gatekeeper for emails, ensuring fidelity to voice and tone, consistency, and proper volume to avoid damaging user trust. In addition to policing quality, you will mentor other marketers, helping them better grasp voice and tone, resulting in an overall long-term improvement of email copy
- Produce sales enablement assets such as customer stories, one-pagers, white papers, and other templated form factors intended to build the case that Stripe is the best payments solution for all of our target audience segments
- Manage the cadence of user comms, ensuring consistency of messaging and partnering on overall strategy for how and when to communicate with users via email and the Stripe dashboard
- Manage the production of digital ad copy, paid social copy, and other demand-generation assets, overseeing a team of contractors and ensuring each asset meets the Stripe quality bar
- Experiment with new marketing form factors that help Stripe stand out from the noise and engage new users Stripe otherwise wouldn’t have reached
- Mentor and/or manage a small team of copywriters with an eye toward personal development and quality of work product
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Minimum 10 years working as a marketing copywriter and/or editor across all available channels, preferably with broad experience across form factors
- Experience working with Brand, Product, Lifecycle/Demand Gen, and regional teams, with an understanding of the subtle differences required to succeed in each context
- A passion for copywriting and a deep understanding of the importance and power of well constructed messaging. This role is not a springboard into a long-form writing job
- Experience managing other copywriters, either contract or FTE
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, English, Creative Writing, or related field
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with creative or design teams
- Experience benchmarking and setting KPIs for conversion and engagement
- Broad understanding of the mechanics and objectives of many marketing and user comms functions
- Working knowledge of analytics tools (Google Analytics, Tableau, etc.)
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- Optional: A cover letter explaining why you are uniquely qualified for this role