Octopus Deploy is one of Australia’s fastest-growing and most successful software companies. Today we help over 150,000 people worldwide to deliver working software to production.
If you have a commitment to excellence, a desire to delight customers, and want to be a member of a fast-growing team, you’ll love this position.
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) is responsible for managing success, preserving renewals, and identifying growth opportunities for assigned accounts. The CSM will drive renewals and account growth, collaborate with teams within the company to ensure on-time renewals.
Our team is one of the fastest-growing in the company and this role could be your entry door to a successful career in sales.
You’ll be part of a supportive Sales team based across the UK and the USA
This is a remote role, based in the UK.
A typical day might include:
- Establish regular touchpoints to ensure the client journey remains on track and capture important milestones of our new customers.
- Identifying risks and proactively engage the customer whenever there’s an identified retention concern to achieve negative churn.
- Owning renewal strategy and subsequent on-time renewal of subscriptions.
- Ensuring that critical issues are documented and escalated expeditiously for resolution.
- Acting as a customer advocate and liaison to become a Trusted Advisor.
- Cultivating deep relationships with customer stakeholders, understand their needs, and provide the support that results in their success with Octopus.
- Maintaining accurate data around opportunities, sales activities, and revenue projections in Salesforce.
- Review customer feedback and concerns and seek to improve all aspects of the customer experience with the company.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the customers’ needs and be responsible for communicating common customer behaviours to the sales, marketing, and product teams.
- Develop and oversee customer retention campaigns.
You will be a great fit for this role if:
- You live in the UK and have full working rights
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Customer Success Manager - essential
- Previous experience with a technology or SaaS product - essential
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce - essential
- Hands-on experience with MS Office or Google Suite - essential
- You have the skills to ask good questions, listen well, and “read the room” to respond to the specific needs of a client, rather than just reciting a pre-scripted message.
- You’re an incredible communicator, both written and verbal. You naturally possess a confident phone and Zoom presence.
- You understand the difference between features and benefits: you can quickly apply that thinking to help businesses see the real-world value of what Octopus does and achieve the things that are most important to them.
- You have excellent time management, organisational & problem-solving skills - those will be key to your success.
- You enjoy a challenge and are a great problem solver
- You have strong organisational and communication skills
- You are agile with the ability to prioritize tasks
- You collaborative team player who also works well autonomously
- You have strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask
What’s in it for you:
- You’ll work from the comfort of your home office
- Generous laptop and home office allowance
- Career growth as we are expanding rapidly
- Monday to Friday hours
- You’ll be part of a supportive Sales team based across the UK and the USA