The Online Customer Success team is looking for an entry-level, remote, self-starting all-star who can be a coach to our self-service customer base to ensure they’re finding success with Apollo. You’ll be trained on all things sales operations, sales process, marketing ops, and go-to-market strategy. After working with Apollo customers, you’ll become a leading expert on sales ops, marketing ops, and go-to-market strategy. You’ll proactively call and email clients who show signs of trouble to offer support with your product and go-to-market expertise to get customers to find real business value with the Apollo platform. And, you’ll have the opportunity to create scalable programs to solve problems that are usually handled 1:1 instead at scale, 1:many. An interest in creating 1:many training content would be a major bonus for the Apollo team and is encouraged!
Apollo is a wired-for-remote team headquartered in San Francisco, with 50%+ of the team working from LA and around the world. This role is remote. US-based candidates are preferred for this role.
About the Team
The Online Customer Success team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. The Online Customer Success team is a new department within the Customer Success org at Apollo tasked with helping manage a whole segment of customers, as opposed to a designated list of managed accounts. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive customer coach and sales trainer. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!
A Day in the Life Would Be
- Proactively provide customer training/coaching calls to help clients find success in the Apollo platform. These topics span from sales email content best practices to implementing a CRM integration. Know who to call from reports based on product usage, health score, and support tickets.
- Learn about the customer’s current sales stack, and coach them on how to achieve their desired outcomes between all their tools.
- Consult with customers to build strong go-to-market strategy leveraging Apollo.
- Handle customer support tickets queued up for you that require more consultative and coaching content versus standard help center content.
- Understand customers’ perspectives and advocate for customer value company-wide / share insights / drive results as a customer advocate.
- Ensure all customers have a strong understanding of Apollo value and its products.
- You’ll be measured by the percentage of customers that have healthy customer health scores within our Self-Service customer segment.
- Customer Success is done remotely in this customer segment.
- 1 year professional experience. (Entry-level applicants welcome) » Preferably Account Executive, Business Development, Strategic Partnerships, Consulting, Account Manager, Project Manager at Saas go-to-market company or Customer Success Manager at SaaS go to market company.
- [Nice to have] Previous Sales Experience
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial, hungry, passionate and tech-savvy
- Proven ability to project manage.
- Strong SaaS skills or ability to quickly learn SaaS technical concepts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, Able to explain concepts clearly and concisely .
- Ability to prioritize and manage your workload to meet and exceed deadlines and KPI’s.
- You pride yourself on being patient, a problem solver, ambitious, proactive/assertive, and dependable to follow through.
- Empathetic to customer needs, work to understand the questions that customers ask and why.
- Your friends would describe you as vivacious, strategic, empathetic, and dependable.
- Be hungry and quick to learn.
Additional Opportunities Based on Interest
- Opportunity to develop and orchestrate Programs or proactive communications to increase product adoption and proactively improve the overall customer journey
- Opportunity to create content and resources to drive adoption of Apollo at scale, including tutorial videos, master classes, articles, blog posts, in-person events, etc.
Opportunities to Progress in your Career Apollo is a Y-Combinator backed startup with a refreshingly pleasant to use B2B platform. Originally built by 3 founders (from Harvard, MIT, and Berkeley), the team has a long history of being highly collaborative, encouraging, and growth-minded. We also have a new CEO on the team with successful exits under his belt in the Sales and Go-to-Market industry, having exited as cofounder of ClearSlide, after raising $89M from leading investors like Greylock Partners, and a founding executive at AdBrite. Our team is laser-focused on building Apollo into the most intelligent, data-first sales engagement platform. And, the success team is right at the heart of that, helping customers realize their full market potential. The CS Specialist role offers you many avenues to grow your career. We aim to grow our future leaders or executives at future Silicon Valley companies.
And, we’re growing the team and scaling how we operate. So, Some likely future career moves for you as CS Specialist would be:
- Enterprise Customer Success Manager
- Account Executive or Account Manager (expansions and renewals)
- Manage Strategic Partnerships
- Revenue / Sales / Success Ops
- Product Marketing
- Customer Marketing
- Customer Enablement
- Customer Support
Why you’ll love it here
- Remote role and remote-friendly
- Full-time employees like you get medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited vacation time
- Parental Leave Program
- 401K to help you save for your future
- Employee referral bonus
- You’re getting in on the ground floor at <50 employees