In today’s software-centric economy, speed is everything. Before Sauce, testing took too long, it was tedious, expensive to maintain and placed focus only on monotonous infrastructure issues. With Sauce, developers are free to innovate and accelerate their software development cycles, improve quality, deploy with confidence and reduce costs. Our automated testing cloud allows our customers the ability to deliver a flawless digital experience to their customers by ensuring the web and mobile applications people use every day work on any browser or device. We call that automated testing, but you’ll probably just call it awesome!
Our support engineers field questions and problems that arise. The issues that come to us are often complex and challenging to solve. Some of our engineers have Computer Science degrees, while others have gained their experience in boot camps and building apps on their own.
We are looking for an experienced Customer Support Engineer that can work with our Enterprise-level customers. It requires experience in the world of development, an interest in solving technical problems, and a strong drive to learn. In this role, you will be working with some of our most important customers, which will require great analytic skills, patience, and the ability to work under pressure. Mostly we work in a support ticketing system, but sometimes we do online meetings with customers. We value people who are responsible, good team players, and able to express themselves clearly in writing. For the right kind of person, it’s a rewarding and fun job.
- Help customers solve technical problems
- Answer questions about the product’s capabilities
- Reproduce customer issues, isolate issues to their simplest reproducible case and report bugs to our developers
- Manage queue of support tickets and provide regular updates to open tickets
- Respond quickly (but personally) to customers, primarily through support tickets with occasional online meetings
- Develop customer-facing documentation
- Develop code samples demonstrating testing in the Sauce cloud
- At least 6 months experience as a developer or supporting developers
- At least 2 years experience as a support engineer
- Good written communication skills (expect to write a short essay for us)
- An intrinsic desire to help customers (and the patience to do so)
- A willingness to act as a detective, an experimenter, an interpreter, and a team player
Nice To Have:
- Knowledge of Selenium and/or Appium
- CI/CD software (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Test automation frameworks (e.g. JUnit, TestNG, Protractor, Cucumber, Capybara, Jasmine, Mocha, Karma, Cypress)
- Unix command line and/or Unix system administration
- Troubleshooting networking issues, HTTP proxies, firewalls
- Android emulators and iOS simulators
- Android and iOS operating systems/app development