NerdWallet is seeking a data-driven and analytical professional for our Data Analytics team. This individual will focus on providing digital data solutions and innovations to help grow our business. Successful candidates will partner with Marketing teams to uncover data-driven insights, and will be expected to understand and contribute to all aspects of NerdWallet’s data. Ideal candidates will be passionate, flexible and interested in the power of FinTech to improve consumers’ lives. We are looking for analytical nerds across multiple levels from Analyst to Senior Analyst, so if you feel like this is an exciting opportunity we would love to hear from you.
Where you can make an impact:
- Drive highly visible analytic projects for NerdWallet CRM & Marketing such as multivariate testing, attribution modeling, and media mix modeling.
- Partner with marketing and CRM to understand business strategy, challenges and goals, and discover areas for opportunity.
- Develop and optimize methodologies to measure effectiveness of campaigns across multiple channels like SEM, Social, OTT, TV, OOH, Native and Email.
- Deliver deep-dive analyses of mid- or post-campaign performance as well as ad-hoc requests to put forward hypotheses and recommendations for future initiatives and programs.
- Serve as a leader in defining metric calculations; partner with BI Engineers on development of self-serve dashboards to monitor KPIs and success metrics.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with sister analytics teams at NerdWallet to leverage shared platforms, best practices, insights and innovations.
- Surface insights and present results to business leaders using a variety of tools – Tableau/Looker, Office Suite slides, spreadsheets, etc.
- Highly productive: Work independently on a day-to-day basis. This role is intended for somebody who will take meaningful responsibility and initiative for our business metrics.
- Structured thinker: Understand the key drivers to our business and identify how to modify them to improve business metrics.
- Consumer-first and positive thinker: You’re motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment – business decisions here can connect and impact millions of users.
- Expert multi-tasker and prioritizer: Experience (and preferably an enjoyment of) balancing numerous different priorities and demands.
- Positive and adaptable: Demonstrates flexibility and constructive attitude in face of shifting business needs and personal responsibilities
- BA/BS degree, Masters a plus- preferably in a quantitative field like Math, Statistics or Economics
- 1-4+ years of experience in a quantitative role, preferably at a consumer technology company
- Solid understanding of multivariate testing, attribution modeling, media mix modeling, lift analysis, and customer segmentation highly preferred
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex analyses to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proficient in SQL and handling big data (experience with Python or other scripting languages is a plus)
- Experience with BI tools (Tableau, Looker, Qlikview, etc.), CRM, and marketing automation platform