As Bevy’s first dedicated data engineer, you will be embedded in Bevy’s data analytics and insights team. You will help guide data architecture and system setup and support continuous improvement to the organizations ability to store and process data.
We are a virtual and in-person community events software platform. We help companies build, grow, and scale their global communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an Enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, eBay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In May 2020, we raised a $15M series B investment to fuel our continued success and category expansion into virtual conferencing and events technology.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Care deeply about data and its processing and storage
- Set up and maintain efficient storage and management systems
- Implement tools for accesses and processing, using Python
- Examine and troubleshoot data stored in SQL, NoSQL
- Support data/analytics application development and R&D efforts
- Proactively support continuous learning and software engineering projects
You Might Be a Good Fit for This Role If
- Bachelor’s degree, or substantial coursework in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar
- Familiarity with standard business intelligence systems
- Proficiency with common SQL and NoSQL data storage and retrieval
- Experience implementing data processing pipelines
- Experience implementing solutions with Python and other high-level languages
- You like solving interesting, hard problems and communicating the results in accessible ways
- You ask probing questions about software and don’t give up easily
- You reside in North or South America. Yes, we are a distributed company, but since we are still small, we like to minimize the time zone spread within the team
- You are an excellent communicator. In our small team, English is the official language. You need to be able to articulate complex ideas efficiently and effectively. When people do not share an office, it is essential to pay extra attention to communication & speak up.
At Bevy we hire amazing people from diverse backgrounds and are fully committed to a work environment that supports and respects all individuals. Bevy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment related decisions at Bevy are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, or other non-merit based factors.