Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
This is a highly visible, student-facing role on the Instruction team, reporting directly to the track Program Manager. As an Instructor, you’ll be responsible for delivering the curriculum to students, tracking student progress, and preparing students for the job market.
You must be comfortable suggesting and implementing new ideas that improve the quality and integrity of the school. You understand that there are always new opportunities for improvement and ways to elevate our standards.
What You'll Do:
- Teach morning guided projects as well as attend other trainings as specified by the Program Manager during day or evening hours (evening hours are 6-9pm Pacific Mon-Thurs; morning hours are 8-11am PST Mon-Thurs~12-15 hours/week depending on meetings outside of that block of time)
- Deliver course curriculum that produces job market ready graduates
- Report on student progress and success throughout the course to the track’s Program Manager
- Review curriculum with cohort Team Leads (TLs) and Section Leads (SLs) so they can better support students
- Coordinate efforts with the cohort SL to ensure SLs understand the nuances of the course and reporting mechanisms to support student learning
- Collaborate with other instructors, Student Success Team, and Lambda X as needed
What You'll Need:
- General Python skills, and experience with the Python Data Science ecosystem (pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Knowledge of at least several of the following: statistics, data visualization and storytelling, data engineering/pipelines, machine learning and deep learning
- 3+ years of experience in the technical field
- High School or GED with proof of completion
- Experience in teaching
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable and compelling in public speaking situations
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight
- Intelligent, dedicated, flexible with a willingness to experiment
- Have an interest in keeping up with the latest information in your field
Bonus If You…
- are familiar with Zoom, Slack, and Airtable
- have an interest in keeping up with the latest in Data Science
- have prior start up experience
At Lambda School, we're looking to hire people with grit and integrity. Please apply even if your experience and interests aren't an exact match with what we've laid out in this job description. We're building something different at Lambda. If that sounds interesting, we want to hear from you.