Octopus Deploy is one of Australia’s fastest-growing and most successful software companies. Today we help over 150,000 people worldwide to deliver working software to production.
If you have a commitment to excellence, a desire to delight customers, and want to be a member of a fast-growing team, you’ll love this position.
A typical day might include:
- Help customers with any questions or problems they encounter via our support forum, email, Twitter, and any other channels
- Building CI/CD pipelines to replicate customer issues
- Use IaC and CaC to facilitate the rapid build and tear down of test environments
- Create resources such as how-to’s, documentation, and blog posts to help customers and the support team solve problems
- Be actively involved in the design of new features and other changes - any suggestions that you feel will reduce the support impact will be prioritised highly, and issues that appear in the support queue more than a couple of times will be fixed as a matter of priority
- Play a huge part in leading and growing our support capability as our business grows. Have ideas to make your job easier or provide a better customer experience? We want to hear them.
You’ll be a great fit for this role if:
- You have experience working with CI/CD pipelines.
- You have Cloud experience with Google, AWS or Azure
- You have hands on experience with containerisation, preferably in a production environment.
- Proven experience in technically complex, highly integrated enterprise environments
- You are a great communicator and can show examples of previous work (blog posts or documentation you’ve written, for example)
- You can relate to customers and show empathy when there are issues and can take responsibility for ensuring they get resolved
- You are curious about learning technology and have either studied IT or have experience providing customer support for a software/IT product
- You like to solve problems and ensure customers aren’t just satisfied, but utterly delighted by your willingness to go the extra mile and help them
- You like to work in a team
- You can work from home and have a decent broadband connection capable of videoconferencing
- You are able to work outside of business hours when required. We value work-life balance and believe that working overtime just makes people less productive. We can’t guarantee that everything will fall neatly into business hours, so where required we encourage you to find balance by taking time out during the day.
Additionally, experience with any of the following is a big plus:
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of *Nix operating systems
- Any programming language
- Any database technology
What’s in it for you:
- While providing direct customer support via email and other channels is a big part of this job, we’ll also ensure you have enough time to be able to learn new things, create resources to reduce the support demand, and to think of ways to delight customers and improve our product. You’ll have a defined area of knowledge that we expect you to master over time, you will not be expected to know everything for everyone.
- We’ll provide the time, training, resources, and any support that you need to be effective.
- We’ll provide a powerful laptop of your choice to ensure you can be productive along with any other tools that you need