24sessions is innovating customer interaction. We are a fast-growing scale-up in Amsterdam. Our SaaS solution is leading when it comes to customer interaction via video-chat. We are helping organizations like Rabobank, ING, AEGON, Vattenfall shape the future of customer satisfaction. Google, McKinsey & Rocket Internet recently elected us 1 of the 10 best B2B scale-ups in Europe!
That’s why we’re looking for a talented DevOps individual to climb onboard on an incredible journey. Join 24sessions as a Remote DevOps Engineer
About the role
Part of being the best video solution is making sure our SaaS product cloud environment runs like clockwork. Our product team consists of 2 squads. As a DevOps Engineer, you would become part of the squad responsible for product APIs and microservices that process data, integrate with external systems, and leverage different AWS services (SNS, SQS, S3, RDS, ElasticSearch, etc) for better data accessibility and internal communication between themselves.
The squad is also responsible for core backend libraries and microservices used throughout the whole SaaS solution. Some microservices are developed on PHP but the majority of them are on GoLang, thus additionally to dev-op responsibilities this would be a great opportunity for you to learn GoLang in practice and use it to create new, fast and reliable microservices.
Each microservice we build lives inside the Docker container, thus Docker is one of the essential tools every backend developer at 24sessions uses.
As such we are looking for someone with experience with containerization and container orchestration (Docker) in a cloud environment (AWS). You will have a track record of working in an agile setup using CI/CD pipelines and enabling product teams with better DevOps processes.
What will we offer you
- Remote working policy
- Super cool team of like-minded talented people in an international team who support each other to be their best
- Remote Working
- 24sessions is an international team of talented people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Flexible work arrangements possible
- You will have a clear career path in front of you from day one
- A personal training budget to make sure you get the training you need to further develop your career
- Competitive salary
- Company laptop
- Open and transparent work environment
- A platform to share your ideas and make a real impact
- 25 leave days per year
- Company share program, so you can own part of the success
- Future possibility of Visa support for the Netherlands
What do we look for?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or another technical related field.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with and GoLang and/or PHP is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Can independently come up with a pragmatic integration solution
- Understand and appreciate the goal of micro-services in architectures.
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. MySQL, Elasticsearch)
- Hands-on experience with continuous delivery/automation deployment.
- Excellent communication and written skills.