We believe community-led is the ‘next big thing’ for how creators, startups, and enterprises grow, but… today, community managers lack the understanding of what really happens inside their audience and what value it brings. That is why we’re building AhoyConnect, an all-in-one platform for unlocking the power of community.
We are a fully remote team that values transparency, clear communication, and the discussion of facts and opinions, and we strive to create an environment where all team members feel empowered to take initiative, experiment, learn from mistakes, and share opinions freely.
As we already add tens of thousands of members to the Ahoy platform, we would like to invite a talented DevOps Engineer to join us on the journey to becoming the global tool of choice for community-led companies (while keeping our infrastructure stable 🤲).
We would love you to:
- Build, manage, and monitor our extensive infrastructure
- Introduce and test new technologies, tools, and systems that enable fast and safe code deployment
- Work closely with team members to identify and automate manual and repetitive processes ensuring efficiency, quality, and scalability
- Optimize our CI/CD pipelines
- Design and champion DevOps best-practices
- Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS)
- Amazon DocumentDB, Relational Database
- Amazon Elastic Container Registry
- Key Management Service, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC, subnets)
- Terragrunt, Terraform
- Github actions
You’re a perfect candidate if you have:
- Experience building scalable infrastructure
- Understanding of cloud-based infrastructures, such as AWS
- Experience with systems for automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications, such as Kubernetes
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Curious and collaborative mindset, high degree of ownership, do-er mentality hunger to always learn and improve
- Not afraid to ask for help or ask questions, and share your knowledge openly
- Experience with a remote full-time role
Nice but not essential:
- Watched the ‘Silicon Valley’ TV show at least twice 😎
- Experience with Ruby, Python, or other programming languages
Why choose Ahoy?
- We just closed our Seed round with the leading VCs from the region, launched the product, and onboarded the first clients. This is just a tiny step - we aim to build a global business that will shape the future of community-led growth. We want you to have an impact and be a part of this journey.
- We care deeply about technology, product, and customers, but primarily we value our employees and their perspective.
- We’ve been remote before it was cool, and will stay remote-first forever.
- We run retreats (both before and after covid) – e.g., we’ve spent more than a month in Southeast Asia with the whole team.
- Flexible working hours and environment, believing in asynchronous, yet collaborative work, and having almost no meetings :)
- 💰 Attractive salary with ESOP (stock options)
- 💻 MacBook Pro (or your preferred laptop) + accessories
- 🏡 Home-office stipends for remote work equipment
- 📚 Budget for online courses, books, conferences, language lessons
- 🌅 Unlimited vacation and sick days
- 🏄🏼 Team retreats with Surf Office