We’re looking for a full-time Dev Ops Engineer for our core Dozuki product. You’ll be responsible for keeping Dozuki fast, available, and secure. We’re a growing company, and hope to add to the experience and creativity of our team, and fill gaps in our experience as we add new people! Dev Ops is one of those areas where we need a dedicated team member devoted to keeping our services running smoothly.
We strive to be an inclusive place to work, dedicated to hiring people from a wide variety of backgrounds, and that means we’re an equal opportunity employer. If you’re disabled, a member of the LGBT community, or from any other under-represented group or protected class, give us a chance to hear from you! We’re not perfect, but we hope you’ll find our company is welcoming and accommodating to everyone. If you have any questions about this or need any assistance, please don’t hesitate to e-mail email@example.com.
What a normal day would look like
On any given day, you might find yourself:
- Bringing up and swapping out parts of our infrastructure
- Advising our Software Engineers on design decisions
- Investigating and responding to responsible disclosure reports
- Finding and fixing slow API requests
- Writing automation tools for creating and maintaining our infrastructure
- Helping debug the sources of anomalies and failures
While we work with a wide variety of technologies, we value your ability to learn more than prior experience. The only requirements you must possess are:
- General Linux command-line chops
- Familiarity with a scripting language (Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby, etc.)
- A strong understanding of web architecture, distributed systems, and networking principles
- An intense desire for consistency
- You must be a US citizen. Unfortunately, various restrictions on our business require this. 😢
Dozuki is written primarily in PHP, backed by MySQL and served by Apache httpd, Varnish, and HAProxy, with metrics stored in Graphite, and all running on CentOS Linux Amazon EC2 instances. Experience with any of these technologies is a plus, but not a requirement.
We also package an on-premise offering which is accelerating our usage of Docker, Kubernetes and Replicated amongst other technologies.
Additionally, any candidates with experience managing a web property with at least 5 million monthly unique visitors, or experience providing services for enterprise or government will receive special consideration.
Benefits and Perks:
- 💰 Competitive Salary
- 🤒 Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 💻 Company-provided hardware
- 🏝 Full-time remote candidates encouraged
- 📈 401(k) matching
- 🍼 Generous parental family leave policy
- ⛺️ Flexible schedules & time off
- 🍽 2-3 catered meals every week
- 🐶 Dog-friendly office
Working for a small company on a tight-knit team is a chance to manifest your creativity in a way that will make a big difference in the final product. If you want to make incredible software with us, please apply.
Upload a PDF of your resume as well as a short cover letter (BOTH ARE REQUIRED) explaining two things: the achievements and skills you’re most proud of, and why you’re the ideal candidate for this job.