Doubledot Media is a New Zealand-based company creating online tools and training for people looking to start their own online businesses. We’re based in Christchurch, but the majority of our team work remotely from various places around the world. (Living in the future FTW!)
We’re on the hunt for a talented digital marketer with a passion for all forms of online marketing to help grow our organic traffic and market to existing customers.
Our new digital marketer will play a vital role in looking for new growth opportunities, maintaining ‘best practices’ both on and off site, providing guidance to our content team and generally making sure our search efforts are top notch.
We’re looking for someone with a fair amount of cleverness, the ability to Get Things Done, and a genuine passion and love for search marketing.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Coming up with creative content and link building ideas and methods to increase our organic traffic.
- On-page optimisations and site audits.
- Running email marketing campaigns.
- Site usability studies and research.
- Examining ways to improve user experience and coming up with product recommendations.
- Excellent written English and a friendly manner in writing.
- Meticulous attention to detail. Your spelling and grammar should be top notch.
- Good time management skills. Since this can be a remote working position, you’ll need to be organized, motivated, and (dare we say) a “self-starter”.
- Have been involved in search marketing or link building campaigns.
- Love analytics and metrics, because they show off your superb talent.
- Know how to moderate content and build a powerful online brand.
Neat things about working with us:
- Flexible hours
- Work from home (or from our Christchurch office)
- Relaxed, ego-free, family-friendly work culture
- Need a few more reasons? Read what current and former staff have to say…
If you’d like to come work in our Christchurch office in Ferrymead, you also get:
- Weekly Friday BBQ (or sushiBQ, or ThaiBQ)
- Novelty coffee mugs
- An extremely comfortable chair
- Tap dancing seagulls
How to apply
We’re going to level with you here: We usually get a lot of applications, and a lot of them are not very inspiring.
We’re looking for people with good problem-solving skills, good communication skills, and the willingness to go the extra mile, so here’s what you need to do.
- Record a short (1 - 2 minute) cover letter video and upload it somewhere where we can see it. Tell us a little bit about yourself, search tools and sites you commonly use and why you think you’d be great for this role.
- Create an email for firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Digital Marketing Position)
- Give us the link to your video inside the email
- Attach your CV/resume in PDF format