Dialpad is the most modern business communications company in the industry. Our products range from conferencing calling, to phone systems to contact center solutions that are all built with the end-user in mind. We allow workers to be productive from anywhere on any device and have moved all the power of an on-premise phone system or contact center to the cloud to be accessed and used by modern workers in today’s Work from Anywhere environment.
Who We Are
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it’s a thing you do. We not only build products to enable the everywhere worker, but we also are everywhere workers. With offices in San Francisco, San Ramon, Austin, Raleigh, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London and Bangalore, we truly believe in finding the best talent everywhere. We also embrace the Work from Home movement and are just as happy hiring great talent from anywhere if they choose to work from home rather than in an office.
With $120 million in funding from ICONIQ Capital, Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Scale Ventures and other top VC’s Dialpad attracts top engineers from companies like Microsoft and Google, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to be productive from anywhere.
About The Role
Dialpad is looking for a results-oriented, data-driven, cross functional leader to join our team as the Director of Product Marketing. The ideal candidate will have a passion for understanding our customers and be skilled at hiring and motivating teams; building strong productive and reciprocal relationships with Product, Engineering and Sales leaders; and bringing new products to market successfully.
In this role, you will lead a team of product marketing professionals to drive the positioning, messaging and integrated GTM of Dialpad’s offering. You will communicate and collaborate effectively across the company and directly with partners and customers. Your team will understand and define the relevant personas and use cases in these markets to support go-to-market programs including launch planning, collateral, customer presentations, videos, and sales training materials.
Dialpad Product Marketing Managers are an authority on their product area and lead go-to-market initiatives. They will identify customer needs and business opportunities through a combination of user research, feedback, cross-functional teammates, data, and competitive analysis. In addition, this person should have a deep understanding of the Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) and/or Call Center as a Service (CCaaS) industries.
- Leading a World-Class Team — Manage a team of PMM’s including hiring, designing relevant responsibilities, developing talents, and general coaching.
- Product Positioning and Messaging – Craft product messaging and positioning documents that serve as the keystone for internal and outbound sales assets, marketing programs, Web copy, solution briefs, presentations and press releases.
- Thought Partner to Product Management - Serve as a key partner to the product management and engineering teams, helping them craft, define and modify our roadmap based on both customer and market activity.
- Product Content Creation - Collaborate closely with the demand generation team to guide and develop the ideal content and positioning for outbound programs. Ensure product narratives resonate with your customer and speak to their challenges and pain points.
- Competitive & Market intelligence – Be an authority on your buyers, how they buy, and their buying criteria; build personas; understand segmentations; be an expert on your competition and how to beat them.
- Sales enablement – Communicate the value of Dialpad products to sales teams and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of your products.
- Thought leadership & advocacy- Be an external (and internal) thought leader about the market, contributing regularly on the company’s blog and other social media outlets. Deliver compelling presentations for in-person and online events that highlight how our products solve real problem sets.
- 10+ years of relevant product marketing or product management experience, with experience marketing B2B SaaS or technology products. Experience with the UCaaS and CCaaS market is a strong plus.
- Outstanding communication skills and exceptional writing ability
- Proven ability to identify customer needs and break them down into solutions, distilling complex information into themes that are easily understood
- Ability to develop compelling product positioning and build a go-to-market narrative
- Analytical skills and experience solving problems with data
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and prioritize effectively and balance multiple, disparate work streams.
- BA/BS degree in marketing, business or related field; technical degrees also considered. MBA preferred.
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
There is no idea too crazy and no task too small — we work together to make things we’re proud of.