We are seeking an experienced Elixir Developer to work on exciting client projects at DockYard on a 100% distributed team of exceptional professionals!
Who We Are DockYard is a 100% remote software consultancy that specializes in web applications. We have in-house designers, developers, and project managers, and we are looking for an Elixir developer to join our growing team. You’ll work alongside talented individuals on groundbreaking projects for the world’s largest companies.
What We Do
We help ambitious companies transform new ideas into fully deployed web applications. Our clients range from seed funded and early stage startups, who depend on us to define and deliver business-critical workflows, to established enterprise companies seeking fresh perspective and deep expertise on new projects.
The ideal candidate is a champion for diversity and inclusion, is self-driven, team-oriented, passionate about web technologies and industry best practices.
What It’s Like to Work Here
We offer a comprehensive benefit plan with a focus on providing an exceptional working environment. Some of these benefits include:
- 100% Remote workforce
- 100% DockYard paid medical, dental, vision, life & AD&D starting Day 1
- 401(k) offered through Vanguard
- Substantial paid time off
- Conference stipend
- Work independently or with other engineers to develop user experience-focused web applications, or provide support for existing systems.
- Collaborate with designers, frontend developers, stakeholders, and clients to understand business goals, analyze requirements, formulate solutions, and ensure the successful execution and delivery of the end product.
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects.
- Participate in code review, pairing, and other forms of knowledge sharing.
- Some travel required.
- Production experience with Elixir & Phoenix
- Solid understanding of OTP
- Experience designing and working with relational database systems (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Experience developing backend services and JSON APIs to power single-page web applications
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Nice to Haves
- Prior client services, consulting, or freelancing experience
- Experience working in a remote team