Hello prospective pickle! The Design Pickle team is growing, and our Marketing team is currently seeking an ambitious Email Marketing Strategist to join our team! The ideal candidate has at least 3+ years of experience applying their email marketing expertise to strategically plan, implement and optimize email marketing campaigns for performance. This position will be the strategic and tactical owner of our Active Campaign implementation and the performance of all email marketing campaigns and lead nurturing workflows.
Reports to: Director of Brand & Content
On a daily basis, works closely with: Brand and Content team members; Director of Marketing and Director of Sales.
Location: Design Pickle is a fully remote company with a Scottsdale, Arizona, HQ.
Who We Are Looking For
First, Design Pickle is anything but typical. We’re a group of hard-working, creativity-loving individuals from around the world.
Do we love pickles, too? Most of us! But don’t stress if pickles aren’t your thing. It’s not a deal-breaker. We do look for a passion and interest in something though because our employees’ uniqueness is what helped make us the great company we are today.
We stand by our vision, purpose, and values, and these are mission-critical to how you show up every single day.
Specific to your role, we’re looking for individuals who have…
- Enthusiasm for our mission: To be the most helpful creative company in the world.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience designing and optimizing email campaigns and architecting automation sequences.
- Demonstrated ability to create high-impact marketing campaigns that convert into qualified leads or sales.
- Proven experience in writing headlines and copy that converts, strong copy-editing skills.
- Strong familiarity with Hubspot or similar email marketing automation software.
- A passion for continuous improvement and generating breakthrough ideas
- Good project management and communication skills - the majority of our team works remotely and we need to know you can manage your time effectively.
Bonus Pickle Points
- Astute eye for design integrity and passion for usability-centric design.
- Design skills. Our brand team can support your design requests, but if you have design skills, you are welcome to contribute to creative concepts.
- HTML knowledge to help customize email templates
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
As a fast-growing company, our roles are always evolving. However, we want you to know exactly what you’re walking into. In the first 90-days, here is a preview of what’s expected:
- Gain a thorough understanding of Design Pickle products and target customer personas.
- Review existing campaigns and develop recommendations for optimizing performance.
- Monitor and optimize email performance metrics.
- Collaborate with the brand and content team to conceptualize and generate ideas for connecting with our customers and prospects in new and meaningful ways.
- Develop tactics for growing our email subscriber base and manage contact lists and tagging for improved organization and targeted campaigns
- Manage and improve upon our weekly newsletters and promotional email campaigns
- Provide quality assurance checks for emails before deployment, ensuring our emails look great on desktop and mobile devices across multiple email platforms
- Analyze and report on email campaign successes and opportunities for improvement
- Keep our content calendar up-to-date with all email marketing plans
- Maintain a clean and well-documented implementation of ActiveCampaign.