Okta is seeking a skilled public relations professional to manage Okta’s EMEA communications program. This is an opportunity to manage EMEA PR programs, including media relations, corporate communications, thought leadership, executive communications, and regional internal communications.
You will report into Okta’s communications and content team in London, working closely with senior executives and regional leaders. You will own internal regional communications, including regional all hands meetings. You’ll oversee country and regional agencies, and will function as our EMEA regional communications hub to raise awareness about Okta. You will also work directly with the media to garner interest in our corporate, thought leadership, product and partner stories.
The Okta communications team ensures that everyone knows, loves and shares the Okta story. We work around the world to influence the internal and external conversation about Okta, technology, identity, and security. As part of that, we engage with press, analysts, the public, customers, partners and employees.
- Lead and execute Okta’s EMEA external and internal communications strategy
- Align with regional, corporate and global strategy to drive awareness of Okta’s corporate, executive, product and platform stories
- Build and execute thought leadership in alignment with the key comms stakeholders in EMEA and in the US
- Oversee executive communications opportunities including keynotes, media briefings, speaking engagements, and customer and partner activities
- Manage Okta’s network of PR agencies across EMEA countries
- Educate users, press, bloggers, analysts and influencers about Okta, its products and initiatives
- Manage EMEA PR goals and PR reporting (country by country and regionally)
- Develop bylines, press commentary and keynotes in partnership with executives and the global PR team
- Drive alignment across cross-functional teams within the organisation in country and across the EMEA region, including demand generation, business development, partner marketing, and customer marketing
The ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years of experience in public relations, agency and/or corporate in-house;
- Experience with cloud, security and/or identity and access management products preferred;
- Fluency in German and/or French preferred;
- Experience managing PR agencies and collaborating with/reporting with various stakeholders in EMEA and US;
- Proven ability to partner with spokespeople on high business impact, key initiatives and strategies;
- Ability to engage with senior executives and leadership teams with excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Excellent writing and editing capabilities
- Strong research and analytical skills, with the ability to quickly identify trending topics and issues with a defined point of view
- A focus on details and the ability to manage multiple, high-profile projects and deliverables