Help us grow our Employment Legal team! Stripe strives to build the best products and services to empower entrepreneurs around the world. We work on complex technical and legal problems every day, and we’re looking for a versatile attorney to help protect our growing business. We’re seeking an employment attorney to advise our People team and other business partners in all areas of employment law and proactively manage potential employment-related risks.
In this role you will:
- Partner with our People team (primarily HR and Recruiting) to provide subject matter expertise on a full range of employment issues including recruiting, hiring, performance management, compensation and benefits, leaves of absence, internal investigations, working time, and HR best practices;
- Proactively review employment policies to ensure legal compliance and consistency with best practices;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support and maintain employment compliance;
- Provide employment related support on transactional matters including contract drafting and negotiation, acquisition-related advice, and review of compensation and benefits plans;
- Build processes and resources that enable the Employment Legal team to scale;
- Proactively monitor employment laws and provide and advise of developments that may affect the company.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- At least 5 years of employment law experience at a leading law firm or in-house legal department, with significant employment counseling experience (in-house experience or experience advising global technology clients as outside counsel is a plus);
- A proven ability to analyze employment law matters of all levels of complexity, and exercise sound judgment in balancing legal risks and business needs;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; and
- Strong organization and project management skills with the ability to work well on both long and short-term projects.
The person we want to hire for this role will also be:
- An exceptionally hard worker, capable of getting things done;
- A team player who is willing to pitch in where needed in a fast-paced, growing company; decisive and having excellent judgment, and capable of making smart decisions in the face of ambiguity and imperfect information;
- Adept at working with multiple stakeholders while maintaining strict discretion, confidentiality, and professionalism; and
- Passionate about Stripe’s mission of helping businesses grow and thrive.
To apply for this role, please include:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.