People Data Labs is focused on democratizing access to world-class business information. We empower developers to create innovative, compliant data products at scale. We’re building clean, consumable datasets of resume, company, location, and school data, which our customers consume via a suite of APIs.
We have an amazing team of around 60 people. We’re profitable and we’re growing quickly. We’re backed by amazing investors including Founders Fund, 8VC, and Susa Ventures.
We spend an extensive amount of time searching the globe for people who are hungry to improve, curious about how things work, and who don’t accept dogma as truth.
About The Role
We’re looking for a world-class people manager to lead our teams of data and infrastructure engineers building our core product.
What You’ll Do
- Help lead the recruiting and hiring process to build out our data engineering and infrastructure teams
- Work closely with your direct reports to communicate goals, expectations, and feedback
- Push and encourage your team to achieve their best output and set the pace in achieving our product vision
- Build a structure to help onboard new teammates and help your teams continue to learn and grow
- Help scope out novel engineering problems to provide clear deliverables for your team
- Do code reviews and pair programming with your reports to ensure best practices
- Collaborate with the principal architects of each team and our product team to develop our data engineering and infrastructure roadmaps
- Spend 70% of your time leading and 30% of your time building
- 5 + years of experience managing data engineering teams
- Strong experience with our core technologies (AWS, ElasticSearch, Spark, and Python)
- Strong understanding of agile engineering practices
- Experience managing teams delivering products, managing stakeholders, prioritization, and timelines
- Experience hiring and recruiting
- Experience driving individual and total team performance
What we Offer
- Competitive Salaries
- Unlimited paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health, fitness, and office stipends
- The permanent ability to work wherever and however you want
Yearly Salary: $150-180k