Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a dynamic company who is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
The Infrastructure team has a large surface area. We own all backend infrastructure components and services, data infrastructure, developer API as well as our continuous integration and deployment pipeline. As the Engineering Manager for the Infrastructure team you’ll lead the team on three key areas: scale, performance and availability. Figma is growing rapidly and it is important for infrastructure to scale up to support this growth. We view speed as a key feature of Figma and we are constantly looking to improve user’s interaction latencies. Finally, we want Figma to always be available. Your team will directly impact the way in which millions of people design and build products across the world in companies like Microsoft, Uber, Square and more.
This is a fulltime role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with product and engineering leadership to set strategy, priorities, and mission for the Infrastructure team.
- Collaborate with your team to build the large-scale distributed systems that powers Figma.
- Drive initiatives that help infrastructure to support Figma’s rapid growth as well as continuously improve Figma’s availability.
- Scale and mentor a diverse team of engineers at the core of our product and technology strategy through rapid business and company growth.
- Partner with Product and Design and build infrastructure that can power innovative new features for Figma.
- Establish trust within and across teams by creating accountability and a positive work environment in partnership with other leaders in the organization.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience building large-scale complex distributed systems. A passion for diving into the nuts-and-bolts of how things work, and for building high-quality software / systems.
- Experience scaling products and teams in high growth environments
- Experience managing high output engineering teams
- A desire to build an inclusive and diverse culture
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and others