Exciting news! We just hit $10 million in annual revenue, are looking for great people to help us grow and evolve as an engineering team. As the Engineering Manager of our Workspaces team, you’ll be responsible for helping to grow the team: coaching team members to maximize their potential, recruiting great engineers, contributing to product strategy of the team and owning execution of that plan.
Within three months, you’ll:
- Manage, coach and mentor a high performing team. Focused on fostering a culture of growth, impact and trust.
- Own the overall execution for your team, working closely with product management and engineering stakeholders to identify projects and set priorities.
- Define and track key performance metrics for your team.
- Get into the code, performing code reviews and reviewing engineering specifications.
Within six months, you’ll:
- Collaborate with engineering leaders to own your own initiatives to ensure we deliver and operate a high quality, scalable, and sustainable product.
- Ensure team health, performance, knowledge sharing and alignment across the broader engineering department.
- Set goals aligned with company objectives and lead your team to deliver on them
- Collaborate closely with recruiting to define job requirements, interview candidates, and build the team.
Preferred skills and background
- At least 1 year of experience working as a manager of other developers or 2+ years as an engineering lead on a team.
- Experience recruiting engineers and building remote teams
- Have a passion for developing both people and processes
- Have excellent documentation and communication skills
- Work in an area where you can have at least 4 hours overlap with 9 AM - 6 PM Pacific Time
- Comfortable with ambiguity and pitching in with other projects as needed