- Join a truly global, remote team: Work from anywhere! Have co-workers all around the
world. Get the opportunity to travel for events and company meet-ups.
Build a product people love that solves real problems: Creators around the world use vidIQ to manage huge 8 figure subscriber YouTube channels – but your friends and family just starting out on YouTube use it to gather ideas, find opportunities, and dig into what’s working for these mega channels.
Meaningfully shape our future product: As you engage with customers, you’ll gain insights to help us serve them better — and work with products to inform what we do next.
Join a fantastic team at a magical time: We’ve hit profitability and over a million users with a small team, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You’ll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here.
Elevate your skills as we tackle our most impactful challenges: We continually re-invest back into our company and our team members we practice continuous never ending improvement— and there’s so much more to do and learn.
Empower Creators to grow through exceptional tools and training.
Just about every single human on this planet loves to listen to stories, to experience them, and some to tell them. Creators are eager to learn what types of content people are looking for, how to most effectively grow their audiences, and what strategies they should leverage to optimize their videos. vidIQ empowers creators with the insights, tools, and knowledge needed to understand how to deliver the maximum value to their audiences faster.
The best way to understand vidIQ is to play with our extension product or mobile product on iOS or Android.
vidIQ is utilized in many ways. It’s the tool that creators use to manage their YouTube channel, surfacing deep analytical insights to save dozens of hours a week. When someone attends any of our live streams or academy courses, it’s the education creators need to optimize their video strategy for success. To many creators, we’re also known as the best video keyword research tool available.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
So, what will you do at vidIQ in this Engineering Manager role?
- Help build and lead high performance, cross-functional teams (including engineers, product managers, designers, data scientists, product analysts, and others).
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to ensure that the team is delivering the highest customer impact.
- Support and grow engineering team members, including individual contributors as well as new managers.
- Be an advocate for engineering, helping to translate between technical and commercial considerations.
- Establish metrics, process, and project management frameworks for team success.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams
You might be a good fit if you have:
- 3+ years of experience managing engineering teams
- Proven track record of building and supporting cross-functional teams
- Experience hiring and mentoring leaders across multiple disciplines and domains
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience analyzing, interpreting, and leveraging data to make engineering and product decisions
- Experience communicating insights and ideas across organization
- Experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services
- Experience with programming languages such as Scala, NodeJS, Java
- Experience with technologies such as React, Angular, VueJS
Would be a big plus if you have:
- Experience leading development of international products (i.e., with localization)
- Proven track record of leading development of machine learning based products
- Proven track record of leading development of mobile applications