Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
This is a highly visible, student-facing role on the Instruction team, reporting directly to the Web Dev Program Director. As the Evening Web Dev Instructor, you’ll be responsible for delivering the curriculum to students, tracking student progress, and preparing students for the job market.
You must be comfortable suggesting and implementing new ideas that improve the quality and integrity of the school. You understand that there are always new opportunities for improvement and ways to elevate our standards.
What You'll Do:
- Teach two evenings per week in our part-time, evening course; class hours: M-Th 6-9pm PST or CST; Sat. 9am-12pm PST or CST (~12 hours/week)
- Deliver Web Dev course curriculum that produces job market ready graduates
- Report on student progress and success throughout the course
- Coordinate efforts with the course project managers (PMs) to ensure PMs understand the nuances of the course and reporting mechanisms so the PMs can effectively support students’ learning
- Collaborate with other Web Dev instructors, student success team, and labs team as needed
What You'll Need;
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in the Web Dev industry
- Experience in teaching
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable and compelling in public speaking situations
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight
- Intelligent, dedicated, flexible with a willingness to experiment
Bonus If You…
- are familiar with Zoom, Slack, and Airtable
- have a interest in keeping up with the latest in Computer Science/Web Development technology
- have prior start up experience
The position is a contract position.
At Lambda School, we're looking to hire people with grit and integrity. Please apply even if your experience and interests aren't an exact match with what we've laid out in this job description. We're building something different at Lambda. If that sounds interesting, we want to hear from you.