We see a future where it’s easy to bring a great idea into the world using the internet, while respecting data security and privacy. The next generation of businesses will design security and privacy into their operating processes. If every business is going to be a software business, every business will need to be a security business.
We’re working to make information security a core competency of every startup. We envision a world in which startups have access to great information security, are empowered to focus on their businesses instead of on compliance, can scale faster and more efficiently, and are confident that they’re creating quality products.
We wrote the Aptible Owner’s Manual to help members of the company get a clear sense of what this team is — what we mean by “us.” We’ve now made this open to the world and invite you to read it, as a prospective member of the Aptible Team.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion We prioritize diversity within our team and value different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
About this Role
We’re looking for a Finance Lead to help us deepen our understanding of our business as we scale. This is a unique opportunity to be a high-impact, early member of Aptible, and to lay the foundations for Finance and Accounting. Reporting directly to our VP of Operations, you will work cross-functionally on critical processes that drive the success of Aptible. You’ll assume operational responsibilities that, to date, have been executed by our Leadership Team, and turn them into a well-oiled machine that results in stronger growth and greater visibility into that growth.
- Your mission will be to turn Finance and Accounting at Aptible into a strategic partner for the business.
- You’ll clean up our accounting processes, turning our monthly expense reporting, budgeting, and close processes into a machine.
- You’ll simplify our budgeting processes and create wide visibility among the Executive Team around budgets, budget vs. actuals, etc.
- You’ll strengthen our relationship with investors and by owning the preparation of regular updates and ad hoc communications.
- You’ll improve communication with our Board by owning the preparation of regular presentations and ad hoc communications.
- You’ll drive strategic projects, including the automation of portions of A/P and A/R with new and/or improved software.
- You’ll grow the Finance and Accounting Teams strategically when the environment allows. In the meantime, you’re prepared to act as an Individual Contributor, laying the groundwork alone through the end of 2020.
- Accounting Experience: You’ve successfully managed Accounting for a growing B2B SaaS Company, or have experience at a Big 4 Accounting Firm.
- Finance Experience: You’ve successfully managed Finance for a growing B2B SaaS Company. You’ve worked on strategic modeling, including budgeting, BvA, and cash flow forecasting.
- B2B SaaS Experience: You’re a “student” of B2B SaaS, and can talk about key metrics and how to calculate them.
- Team Building Experience: You have experience successfully hiring, coaching, developing, and empowering Individual Contributors in Accounting and Finance.
- Fundraising Experience: You’ve participated in at least one or more fundraising round at a company, ideally Series B/C.
- Systems Implementation Skills: You’ve implemented one or more systems, such as Netsuite or Zuora.
- Analytics Skills (Bonus): You have experience with Looker, Periscope, Mode, or similar BI Tool.
- Work from Anywhere: Enjoy the flexibility of working from home, a local co-working space, or your favorite coffee shop.
- Open Vacation Policy: We encourage you to take the time you need, when you need it — for any holiday or matter of personal importance.
- Paid Parental Leave: We offer job-protected Paid Time Off — 14 Weeks, Fully Paid — for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: We offer comprehensive health care for employees, with 100% of premiums paid by Aptible.
- Hardware & Software: We help you create your ideal office setup and provide any software you’ll need.
- Company Travel: We come together in-person at least two to three times per year, in locations around the globe.
Our Interview Process
We seek to make the experience of interviewing with us as delightful, efficient, fair, respectful, and transparent as possible.
A typical process at Aptible might include the following steps, and takes approximately 3 Weeks to complete. We try to move as quickly as possible, but if you have any time constraints, please let us know and we’ll do our best to accommodate. 1) An Introduction to Aptible with the Hiring Manager (30 Minutes via Zoom) 2) A Discussion-Based Interview with an Aptible Team Member (45-60 Minutes via Zoom) 3) A Take-Home Work Sample Exercise (NB: You will be compensated for completing this.) 4) A Discussion-Based Interview with an Aptible Team Member (45-60 Minutes via Zoom)