At Doist, our mission is to inspire the workplace of the future by creating simple yet powerful productivity tools that promote a more fulfilling way to work and live.
We’re a multidisciplinary, fully remote team that’s passionate about creating products, like Todoist and Twist, that improve people’s lives. We thrive on innovating new solutions to old productivity challenges and we seek to rethink how productivity tools are made.
Our Core Values
They are few, but they are mighty. From creating processes to decision-making and recruiting, we build our five core values into nearly every single thing we do.
- Independence. Others can trust that you’ll deliver on time and your teammates don’t need to worry about you keeping your word.
- Mastery. You love what you do and care deeply about the quality of your work, down to the smallest details. You’re continuously learning and pushing yourself to the limits of your ability. You’re never satisfied with the status-quo.
- Communication. Your communication is clear, concise, and engaging whether you’re explaining a complex idea or providing feedback to a teammate.
- Ambition & Balance. You aspire to put a dent in the universe. To do this, you set high standards for yourself and those around you. The time you spend on work isn’t measured by quantity, but by quality.
- Impact. You’re able to take a bird’s eye view to pinpoint and then solve issues that have a high impact on our customers, our team, and our company. You’re committed to the health and success of both your teammates and Doist as a company.
We’re looking for a native Dutch speaker who has a demonstrated passion and experience for translation. In this part-time role, you will deliver excellent translation services, delighting our customers with a localized app, help center, and marketing content. You’ll collaborate closely with localization project managers to develop specific terminology for new features which will shape the Doist voice for your local market/region. You will also be responsible for identifying and addressing linguistic issues and maintaining language references such as a glossary and style guide.
Indicators this could be a good role for you
We’re looking for someone with:
- Native-level fluency in English and Dutch.
- At least 2 years of translation experience, preferably for a tech company.
- Demonstrated passion for localization quality and consistency.
- Extremely proactive work style with the ability to deliver on a tight schedule.
- Perfect English skills and very high attention to detail.
- The ability to work autonomously and stay self-motivated.
- Bonus: an understanding of translation management tools, glossary, translation memory.
A complete application includes:
- A resume or manually entered experience (you can choose your preference).
- Thoughtful, thorough responses to all the application questions. No cover letter needed!
After passing an initial candidate profile review, the process will be as follows:
- Interview in English with Daniel G., our Localization Manager
- Assignment of a test task.
- Interview in Dutch with Maxime K., a bilingual Dutch/English Support Specialist.
- Interview in English with Andrew G., a member of our People Operations team.