We are looking for a highly motivated Front End UI Developer with deep experience in developing and managing design systems and SaaS application development. We want people who are passionate about customer experience, visual design, and striving for meticulous code and pixel perfection.
Reporting to the Director of Product Design, you will partner with Product Designers and Researchers on the Product Design Team to design, test, and develop an atomic design system for Olo’s products. You will also partner with a very experienced team of front-end and full-stack developers on the Engineering Team to integrate the front-end experience with the application’s backend.
As the front-end engineer on the design team, you will be a unicorn and have the opportunity to help shape the front-end experience across Olo’s products, codify best practices, and coordinate the front-end integration process to assure Olo delivers the highest quality experience to its users. In sum, you will help us assure that the work of UX research and design is implemented with the highest degree of fidelity and technical soundness and creativity.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Participate in the design & development process for new and existing experiences.
- Partner with designers to develop the atomic design system and coordinate its use among our engineering team.
- Research and document best practices and guidelines for the front-end experience.
- Own the Quality Assurance phase that connects design to implementation.
- Partner with Olo engineering and QE teams.
- Provide technical expertise.
- Participate in the ideation and creation of prototypes.
- Maintaining solid relationships with cross-functional peers.
- Advocate for UX design principles and guidelines.
What We’ll Expect From You
- Desire to develop empathy for users of our products
- Driven to deliver experiences rather than features
- Obsessive about pixel perfect quality and details
- Proven expertise developing atomic design systems
- Knowledge with UX design principles, processes, and best practices
- Experience building ADA compliant user interfaces that put users first and look and feel awesome to use
- Knowledge of ES6/ES2015+ and frameworks such as Ember and React
- Deep understanding of cross browser and cross platform rendering and performance issues
- Experience building with visualization libraries such D3js
- Keep up to date with current trends and best practices in front-end development
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as a Frontend Developer
- Working knowledge of tools such as AWS, GitHub, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Sumo Logic, Datadog, and New Relic.
- Passion for learning new skills and technologies
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- BS degree in a technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Legal right to work in the U.S.
Nice to Have
- Has read Don Norman’s Design of Everyday Things
- Experience with Design Thinking methodologies and rapid prototyping
- Experience with Storybook.js
- Experience with tools such as Sketch, Abstract, Invision DSM