Pond5 is the world’s most vibrant marketplace for creativity. We operate the world’s largest collection of royalty free footage and other media assets, with over 60,000 contributors in over 150 countries. As we seek to provide more value to current and potential customers, we are looking to add world-class talent to our team who can help us with the design and implementation of a brand new marketplace.
The ideal candidate strives for excellence, is a continuous learner and a natural collaborator, and is eager to join a small, nimble “startup within a startup” working on an exciting new project, guaranteed to be a revenue generator. Our team is based in Santa Monica, CA, but we’re also open to professionals working remotely. If you are passionate about writing good code, understand modern web architectures, are knowledgeable in best practice software development processes, and have the right mindset to keep up with our rapid-growth, high-volume pace, we want to hear from you. This is a cool opportunity to be involved from the start in building a rational, data-driven marketplace experience. You won’t be inheriting someone else’s tech debt. You’ll get to create something brand new, from scratch. And we want to hear your opinions about how to do it!
This is a permanent, full-time position operating out of — or directly managed from — our Santa Monica office. You must be authorized to work in the United States. Occasional travel may be required to one of our other offices. All candidates may be asked to undergo a practical test to demonstrate their abilities.
- Write high quality code, following our guidelines and best practices
- Work closely with the OPS and developments teams in configuring our infrastructure and developer tools (CI, Test Environments, etc.)
- Take part in code reviews
- Write unit and functional tests, helping ensure the highest quality possible in our systems
- Participate in the Agile development methodology
- Help define metrics for Pond5 that are useful and practical and look at how we can continuously improve what we do
- Assist with the resolution of day to day issues and queries relating to technology
- Think outside the box to devise ways to improve our systems
- 3+ years’ experience working in a commercial environment with hands-on knowledge of the required skill-set
- Strong real-world experience in React and Flux ecosystem
- Ability to write semantic markup
- Strong CSS and JS skills
- Experience with agile software development
- Strong people skills: Confident working closely with design, product, and C-suite
- Highly motivated self-starter: you will be helping us build something brand new
- Experience with some/all of our technology stack: PHP, Python, Postgres, Redis, Machine Learning, DynamoDB an advantage
- Previous marketplace experience a huge plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment an asset
- Comfortable engaging with management and being able to explain ideas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in an appropriate technical discipline would be an advantage
- Excellent attention to detail; strong desire to get things done right; highly organized and flexible
- Low ego and highly collaborative personality: we are a small team that works well together.
- International team of 185 awesome people
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible working
- Daily office lunches (if in the office)
- Equipment needed for work
- Part of Weatherfront’s 2019 list of career-launching companies!
- Featured in BuiltInNYC’s best places to work list (a roundup of the best NY start up and tech companies)
- Learn new things every day!