Float is the world’s leading resource planner, helping creative teams at brands such as Airbnb, Buzzfeed and Ogilvy better plan and manage their time. Founded in 2011, Float is proudly self-funded, profitable and 100% remote. Our growing team of twenty-two are made up of Engineers, Product Designers, Marketing and Customer Success folks in more than eight countries.
About the Role
We are looking to hire a Front-end Designer to lead the development of our digital marketing channels. Your goal will be to deliver the type of detailed and deliberate interaction design that others reference for inspiration, matching our industry-leading app credentials and elevating our overall brand.
You’ll be working with an experienced Marketing Lead, Product Designer and Copywriter to deliver this work. You’ll be starting with a solid foundation including an established Brand Guide, colors, fonts and styles. Key assets will be available via Zeplin from our Product Designer.
Here’s an example of the type of projects you’ll be working on:
- Our marketing site: With the basic structure in place, you’ll elevate how we communicate what we do, experimenting with animation and video, to improve engagement and the rate of visitors to trials
- New site sections: You’ll pair with our copywriters to develop entirely new sections, including the Float Guide, a destination that helps new teams get setup for success
- Landing pages: You’ll work with our Growth Marketer to devise new landing pages that communicate our value for various industries and use cases
- In-app interactions: Over time you’ll start to influence how our application feels, from desktop to mobile apps, working with our Product team and Engineers to identify opportunities to improve the user experience.
Performance and SEO are top of mind in your decision-making process. You’ll weigh up the tradeoffs in design vs performance, and have an eye on PageSpeed Insights when developing solutions.
Throughout you’ll be developing interaction systems and processes that help us scale, and increase consistency and continuity across our brand.
We’re looking for an Engineer with proven production experience in developing marketing campaigns at scale. Ideally you’ll have experience with B2B or SaaS services. Perhaps you’ve cut your teeth in the agency world, and are looking for an opportunity to carve your own path, and have a greater impact on a growing team and an industry-leading product.
You live in the details, where every millisecond and pixel matters. You’re an Engineer at heart, but have a strong design sense, and feel comfortable working with an established Brand Guide to develop assets when required. You’re capable of developing short SVG animations, GIFs and video content, where the context makes sense.
You know your way around Sketch, and are comfortable working with headless CMSs (We use both Ghost and Prismic + Gatsby).
As our first dedicated Marketing Engineer, you’re the type of person that thrives given a goal, ownership and autonomy. You possess excellent writing skills, comfortable communicating ideas in a predominantly asynchronous environment.
The salary range for this role is US $100k to $130k. Compensation is benchmarked using 50th percentile San Francisco market salaries, with a cost-of-living index applied to your location. We assess your level during the interview process. If you are outside the US, you’ll be hired as a Contractor.
We have a range of expanding and improving perks including:
- Home office expense budget: We help you kickstart or upgrade your home office setup.
- Co-working expense budget: A budget for when you’d like to work out of home.
- Annual team meetup: We get together as a full team every year, the last two were in Athens and Lisbon. We will continue this tradition when the time is right.
- Care for your community. Two days a year for you to support with your time, or donate with your wage, for a local charity of your choosing.
- Team liquidity pool: Rewarding our team if there’s ever an exit
If you’re in the US, we pay 50% of your medical, dental & vision coverage, including partners and children.
We encourage people of different locations, backgrounds and perspectives. Due to the specific requirements of the role, we’re looking for someone with at least two hours cross-over with Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST).