Title: Senior Frontend Developer
Location: Remote, Portland OR
Reports to: Web Team Lead
About The Dyrt
The Dyrt is the #1 ranked camping app on both iOS and Android. With more than 1 million user-submitted campgrounds, reviews, and tips — more than anyone else on the Internet — The Dyrt makes it easier to find campgrounds for the 80+ million people who camp across the United States.
We offer an amazing benefits package that includes:
- Remote work environment so you can work from almost anywhere
- Stock options
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Incredible time off starting with 3 weeks of PTO your first year, 4 weeks your second year
- Standard holidays off
- Extra bonus week off between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Paid camping opportunities (during working hours)
- Competitive pay and signing bonus to set up your home office
As a senior engineer at The Dyrt, you will be tasked with building a robust, maintainable web experience for the 1M+ campers using our website every month. We are in the process of splitting our Ember single-page app into multiple codebases in order to improve site performance. This position is an opportunity for engineers looking to grow their architecture skills as we undertake this transition.
Work varies from building highly interactive tools, like our search page and Trip Planner, to focusing on static rendering and page performance on our campground listings. In this position we will be looking to you for experience, knowledge, and the confidence to make the case for what each situation merits in order to provide an ideal experience for site visitors.
You’ll be working on a team with 3-4 other frontend developers and collaborating closely with our API, Mobile, and Design teams.
- Leading execution on new features and improvement projects
- Helping define the longer-term technical vision for scaling and maintaining our frontend codebase
- Translating comps and wireframes from our Design team into site architecture and components
- Estimating complexity and dividing up tasks when new projects are brought to the team
- Responding to support requests and troubleshooting live bugs
- Assisting with deploys to production
Skills & Qualifications
We’re looking for engineers who:
Care about writing easy to understand, maintainable code
Provide constructive feedback on pull requests and are enthusiastic about mentoring junior developers on the team
Can identify site performance concerns and look for opportunities to reduce technical debt
Have strong writing and communication skills for documenting project requirements and coordinating with other teams
Can weigh multiple solutions for a problem against business needs and time constraints in order to meet company goals
Are committed to equity and will respect and value your coworkers opinions no matter their race, religion, gender or sexual orientation.