Coinbase has built the world’s leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
The Coinbase Pro team plays a critical role in executing on that vision. We’re building the most secure and trusted digital asset exchange for institutions and professional traders. We take on hard engineering problems around speed, usability, scalability, security and financial safety to help our customers invest in the rapidly growing digital asset space, and to protect their investments. This is where you come in.
You’ll help build our flagship trading interface, portfolio management features, and entirely new products that the ecosystem hasn’t seen before. You’ll also work with our security and risk engineering teams to build trust and safety features to protect user accounts, without compromising on the user experience. If you’re excited by the problem space of designing and delivering engaging user experiences, building performant user interfaces, and building trustworthy financial systems, we should talk!
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with engineers, designers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Build, test and ship customer facing features/products using modern tools like React, ES6, Flow, Styled Components, Jest and Webpack.
- Write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
What we look for in you:
- You have at least 4 years of experience in software engineering.
- You’ve developed and shipped user-facing features using component-based UI frameworks.
- You’re passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
Nice to haves:
- You are an active Coinbase Pro customer.
- You’ve worked with production scale React apps.
- You’ve worked on front-end teams in the finance or security space.