It’s an exciting time at Crossbeam. Just one year post-launch, we have hundreds of companies using our platform, raised over $15M of venture capital from leading VC firms, and are working with awesome strategic investors like Salesforce, Hubspot, and Slack. Best of all, we’re just getting started.
We have momentum, and we need you to keep it going. We are looking for an engineer to take over as the lead developer for Partnerbase (partnerbase.io). Partnerbase is a database, built by Crossbeam, to catalog the entirety of the world’s partnerships. You will be responsible for working directly with the product team to gather requirements and develop project plans, building new features, writing tests, reviewing code, and handling support issues.
This role will primarily focus on Partnerbase’s frontend, which is built with Vue.js using the Nuxt.js framework, but will also require delving into the Clojure backend to build new API routes and functionality.
- 4+ years experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with a frontend framework like Vue or React
- Experience building REST APIs
- Solid understanding of relational databases and their performance characteristics
Not required, but a plus
- Clojure experience
- Experience with Postgres, Redis, or ElasticSearch
- Extensive CSS knowledge
These are some of your traits
- The idea of working in a fast-paced startup environment while shipping high-quality software excites you.
- You embrace complex technical challenges and thrive on discovering simple solutions.
- You’re not afraid to speak up when you have a point of view, but can “disagree and commit” once a final decision is reached.
How we work
We are a small team of experienced engineers shipping lots of code. We collaborate early and often, putting an emphasis on designing technical solutions before coding them. We emphasize remote work, with teammates in the Philadelphia area working from home at least half of the week. The majority of our collaborative work happens on Slack and Zoom. We also use tools like Gitlab, Notion (for documentation and technical planning), and Trello. We try to get together quarterly and hope that our remote team will be able to join for some facetime.
This is a salaried role. In addition, Crossbeam offers:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Free Food & Snacks
- Stock Option Plan
This role can be based in Crossbeam’s Center City Philadelphia Headquarters, or remote anywhere in the US. Remote employees should be able to travel to Crossbeam HQ in Philadelphia quarterly.
Crossbeam is a collaborative data platform that helps companies build more valuable partnerships. We have an office in Philadelphia as well as a number of remote teammates across the US.
- Trust is our business. We create value by building trust in our company, our team, our technology, and our network. Never let anything compromise that trust.
- Feed the Network. Our customer network is our most valuable asset. Prioritize its growth.
- Equity. We will build a workplace that ensures everyone access to the same opportunities to share in our success.
- This is Fun. Few people are lucky enough to do what we do. Follow the fun in every step of the journey.
Crossbeam is an equal opportunity employer.
Crossbeam recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.