Founded by the team that created Wunderlist, Pitch makes it easy for teams to work together to develop beautiful presentations.
Presentations are an ideal medium for storytelling. Since the early days of Pitch, we’ve wondered how we can help our users tell compelling and accessible stories even if their source material is relatively dry. Raw data is a perfect use case. Our Data Visualization team aims to make a user’s journey from dry spreadsheet to visually engaging story as seamless as possible. We have already implemented many fundamental data visualisation features into Pitch, but have ambitious plans for more tools, features, and integrations in 2021. As Frontend Engineer, you’ll work with our small team of Engineers and Designers to bring this next phase into being.
What you’ll get to do
- You’ll be working with a team of developers and designers to build chart, table, and data integration tools in the Pitch app.
- You will collaborate with your peers to define architecture, quality standards, and best practices.
- You will work closely with our designers, thinking about how to help users easily create engaging data visualizations in their projects. You’ll team up in small cross-functional teams to bring features from idea to concept to wireframes to prototype to final implementation
- You will work on Frontend and possibly Backend projects to build simple, high-quality, maintainable, and well-tested solutions
This role is perfect for you if…
- You are an experienced Frontend developer with experience shipping Single Page Applications.
- You are excited about learning how to use ClojureScript developer to help bring delightful user interactions to life.
- You have worked with technologies like svg, d3.js, and/or have other experience creating data visualizations using web technologies.
- You are excited about learning how to write functional UI with Reagent and Re-frame, and your skills might extend to writing cross-platform applications with Electron or building web applications with Clojure/Script.
- You are product-oriented, combining thoughtfulness with pragmatism and a will to get stuff done. You are calm and focused under pressure, and consider work-life balance essential for long-term happiness and productivity.
- You believe effective and successful work is made possible by clear and honest communication, with a shared understanding of the long-term vision and immediate next actions. When you don’t fully understand something, you ask lots of questions and use the opportunity to learn and grow.