At Stripe, we believe that inspiring founders to get started is a crucial part of our mission to increase the GDP of the Internet, and few places inspire more founders than Indie Hackers. What began as a small blog in July 2016 has today become the most impactful community for founders online, and it’s run by a remarkably small but effective team.
- Work directly alongside Courtland, the creator of Indie Hackers, to craft and improve features that will create new behavior patterns for tens of thousands of startup founders.
- Regularly engage with the founders who make up the Indie Hackers community in order to help you think through everything from UX decisions to high-level success metrics.
- Shape the nascent codebase that powers Indie Hackers, which will include working on both frontend and backend systems. Indie Hackers is built on top of Ember.js, Firebase, and Node.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy being a generalist working with both the frontend, the backend, and the stakeholders involved in taking projects from conception to completion.
- Thrive when moving quickly on a wide array of new projects that are often small and experimental.
- Take pride in crafting well-designed experiences that both impress and delight users.
- Are passionate about technology startups, familiar with business strategies and concepts, and empathize with the challenging journey of being a founder.
- Feel at home shifting between high-level strategic decisions and low-level implementation details, often multiple times within the same day. As part of a small team, you’ll need to constantly evaluate how your work fits into big-picture objectives and re-prioritize as needed.
- Can communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively through writing.
**What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run, and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start global internet businesses.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This not only enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work, but also establishes stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.