Are you passionate about helping retail companies revolutionize the way they do business? Are you looking for a career that allows you to work with the world’s best-known brands and Fortune 1,000 leaders?
Our mission is to bring retail operations out of the dark ages and give companies effective tools that their employees love to use. You will help improve the way that this 4.4 trillion dollar industry communicates with its store employees and save them from sad, slow, inefficient systems (think fax machines, voicemails, and the postal service). People deserve better! We need your help to make this happen.
We are an early stage, well-funded company. We have awesome investors, great customers and are looking for a Front End Engineer to help us ensure our customers are successful with our product. For this role, we are looking for someone who will be responsible for building the ‘client-side’ of our web applications. Your duties will include translating our company and customer needs into a functional and appealing digital environment, ensuring great user experience!
- Taking projects from inception to completion, and are outcome oriented.
- Being proactive with communication and have no problem managing your time as a remote employee.
- Proud of your craft, and enjoy and value clean code that scales to keep large teams productive.
- Develop user-friendly web pages, using markup languages like HTML
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and design mobile-based features
- Develop quality mockups and prototypes
- Review, maintain and improve company’s website
- Work together with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Collect feedback from users and build solutions based on this data
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Maintain high quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- Keep in touch with latest trends in web development
- Sc degree in Computer Science or other relevant area
- You have relevant production experience (one to three years) with large-scale rails applications
- Good experience with software like Adobe Suite, Photoshop and content management systems
- Good understanding of layout aesthetics and SEO principles
- Knowledge of browser testing and debugging
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills with an ability to perform well in a dynamic environment
- You are an excellent knowledge of browser troubleshooting and debugging practices and techniques
- You have some experience with React, Angular, Node, Flux, Redux or similar tools
- You have a strong sense of web design and are attuned to the fundamentals of user experience.
- You’re familiar with the whole web stack
- 3+ years’ experience of working on a Front-end Developer position
- Excellent understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
More about you:
- Retail experience is an asset, but not required
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Project or Basecamp
- Ability to effectively communicate to, present to, influence or befriend all levels within an organization.
- Outstanding listening and writing skills, and a keen ability to translate complex concepts into simple, persuasive language.
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills to build relationships across the company with both ours as well as our customers.
- Self-motivated, dependable, and dedicated.
What’s In It for You:
- Remote office: Join an effective remote team and work where you’re comfortable
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get our and see the world
- Benefits: 401k, and world-class medical, dental, and vision policies
- Team Fun: Twice annual company off-sites in fun locations. We’ve done New York, Costa Rica, Whistler, Palm Springs, San Diego, and Mexico City
- Learning: Sponsorship of meetup and conference attendance
- Great team: Working with a fun, hard-working, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- And Much More!