Founded circa 2012 in Barcelona, Typeform was founded by two designers: David Okuniev and Robert Muñoz. Their mission? Make online forms a little more human. Today, Typeform works on the future of online forms. Powering your brand’s interactions with beautifully designed, professional-looking online forms that people just love. Create forms, surveys, quizzes (and so much more) to grow your audience, improve just about anything, and validate (or invalidate) your best ideas.
The most important interaction on the web is the exchange of information between a brand and its audience. And that exchange usually happens through online forms. We believe that even a utility like online forms should be remarkable. Our customers say they get more answers from their audience and even the occasional compliment. Make every interaction count.
Typeform is a team of nearly 200 people representing over 30 countries. Typeform is backed by fantastic investors – General Atlantic, Index Ventures, Point Nine Capital, RTAventures, and Connect Ventures. We have offices in Barcelona, Spain and in San Francisco, United States.
What does the future of conversational data collection look like? How will you power it?
We need a dedicated Engineering Manager to join our team of 44 different nationalities in Barcelona.
We’re building the next generation of functionality for Typeform while paving the way for external developers to do the same.
We put fun at the heart of everything we do—and set ambitious goals to push things forward. Come help us shape the future of online data collection.
- Report to a Director of Engineering
- Have people management responsibilities for the engineers in your team.
- Have frequent 1-on-1 meetings with your direct reports.
- Be heavily involved in the end-to-end lifecycle of features, from concept to deployment.
- Ensure the successful growth of the team, encouraging personal development, and recruiting top talent.
- Contribute to technical and architectural decision-making, which aligns with the overall company and engineering strategy.
- Work in a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and product owners.
- Lead the team to produce high-quality code and continuously improve it.
- Help the team find and analyze pain points in the platform, and work together on strategic solutions to address them.
- Collaborate with other Leads to drive good software development practices across teams.
- Set up and maintain feedback loops with engineers to collect insights around codebase/infrastructure to inform Engineering strategic decisions.
- Work closely with product owners to align future goals and initiatives.
- Help the team manage tech debts and how to tackle them. Analyze and understand the impact of proposed Engineering initiatives, giving visibility of initiatives across the team and support their implementation.
Here’s what we’re after:
- You have experience managing and developing product engineers and teams remotely
- You’ve got experience working on a dynamic product that is ever-changing and evolving rapidly.
- You take ownership and feel responsible for the product as a whole. You don’t mind getting your hands dirty and working with legacy code.
- You have been a driver for good coding practices and principles.
- You’ve got experience leading a team through successful architectural and/or technical decisions.
- You’re comfortable picking up new stacks and choosing the right tool to get the job done.
- You can show us how you made an impact beyond a team or departmental level.
- Writing unit and integration tests are a given for you. You understand that quality is down to everybody.
- You show maturity in tradeoffs, make sound decisions, and plan well.
- You speak good English.
- You’re an empathetic person with a big appetite for success.