It’s an exciting time at Crossbeam. Just one year post-launch, we have hundreds of companies using our platform, raised over $15M of venture capital from leading VC firms, and are working with awesome strategic investors like Salesforce, Hubspot, and Slack. Best of all, we’re just getting started.
How did we do it? We picked a big problem and are solving it with amazing technology. Crossbeam helps companies partner with each other in a more data-driven way by acting as an escrow service for data. Our platform allows companies to find overlapping customers and prospects with their partners while keeping the rest of their data private and secure.
We are looking for an engineer with experience building web-based software. You will be responsible for building new features (both in the backend and frontend), writing tests, reviewing code, and handling support issues.
HOW WE WORK
We are a small team of experienced engineers shipping lots of code. We collaborate early and often, putting an emphasis on designing technical solutions before coding them. We emphasize remote work, with teammates in the Philadelphia area working from home at least half of the week. The majority of our collaborative work happens on Slack and Zoom. We try to get together quarterly and hope that our remote team will be able to join for some facetime.
- 2+ years experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with a frontend framework like Vue or React
- Experience building REST APIs
- Familiarity with relational databases and their performance characteristics
Not required, but a plus:
- Clojure experience
- Experience with Postgres, Redis, or ElasticSearch
- Extensive CSS knowledge
These are some of your traits:
- The idea of working in a fast-paced startup environment while shipping high-quality software excites you.
- You embrace complex technical challenges and thrive on discovering simple solutions.
- You’re not afraid to speak up when you have a point of view, but can “disagree and commit” once a final decision is reached.
This is a salaried role. In addition, Crossbeam offers:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Free Food & Snacks
- Stock Option Plan
This role can be based in Crossbeam’s Center City Philadelphia Headquarters, or remote anywhere in the US. Remote employees should be able to travel to Crossbeam HQ in Philadelphia quarterly.
Crossbeam is a collaborative data platform that helps companies build more valuable partnerships. We have an office in Philadelphia as well as a number of remote teammates across the US.
Trust is our business. We create value by building trust in our company, our team, our technology, and our network. Never let anything compromise that trust.
Feed the Network. Our customer network is our most valuable asset. Prioritize its growth.
Equity. We will build a workplace that ensures everyone access to the same opportunities to share in our success.
This is Fun. Few people are lucky enough to do what we do. Follow the fun in every step of the journey.