We’re a community of designers, engineers, and product managers who are passionate about building quality software. Our environment is collaborative and relaxed, and as a result we build products that are well considered and well architected.
We’re hiring talented Full Stack Engineers who want to build ambitious products using modern tools. “Full Stack Engineer” can mean many things. At Postlight, it refers to a person with 2 years of experience who can build entire front end web applications and deploy complex services to the cloud that support those applications.
We ship, and we ship often. Millions of people use our products, and we support them for years. As a result, we care deeply about code quality. The thought process behind a line of code is just as important as the line itself. We review pull requests and love having discussions about how solutions can be made DRYer, clearer, and safer.
We use the right tools for the job. That means that we’re always evaluating ways to work smarter and faster and get the maximum amount of joy out of the job. The result is that we use modern tools on a modern stack.
Below are two types of applications we build frequently: a modern frontend application and a modern backend API. We’ve listed example technologies we use for each part of the stack. The more apps you’ve built using the technologies below, the better fit you are for Postlight. We don’t expect applicants to have experience with every technology below. Many of our current full stack engineers have learned skills from this list on the job.
- Linting and style: ESLint and Prettier
- Frameworks: React, React Native
- CSS: Flexbox, PostCSS, CSS in JS (Emotion and more), Functional CSS (Tailwind)
- Best Practices: Modern bundling techniques, performance, security
- Graphics: SVG, D3
Modern Backend API
- API Design: GraphQL, JSON API
- Frameworks: Postgraphile, Serverless, Apollo GraphQL, Hasura, Phoenix, WordPress
- Containerization: Docker
- Data Storage: Postgres, MySQL, NoSQL, Firebase, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Cloud Providers: AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Heroku
- Infrastructure: Terraform, Pulumi