Avex is a New York City based creative and e-commerce development agency. As NYC’s premier Shopify Plus agency, Avex partners with brands such as: KITH, Hugo Boss, Undefeated, Marchesa, O’neill, Reem Acra, 88Rising, Badgley Mischka and many others.
We’re a growing team of award-winning designers, developers, marketers and e-com strategists. We love trying new ideas and pushing the boundaries of development, design and e-commerce. Our company is expanding rapidly and we are looking to further build out our team. We believe that our work should not only produce amazing results for our clients, but that it should also be fun and rewarding. Avex believes in a strong work-life balance, not just churning out projects.
Ok, we’ll stop bragging…Let’s talk about how we can grow together.
About this role:
Our Shopify developers play a huge role in delivering best-in-class e-commerce user-experience for some of the world’s largest brands. We build responsive websites on the Shopify Plus platform, as well as headless commerce web applications using Next JS and React. You will work very closely with senior developers, learning from them to improve your skills and grow within the agency.
- Mentorship from senior developers
- Challenging and fun projects
- Headless eCommerce Projects
- Collaboration with designers, strategists and leadership
- Strong focus on emerging technology
What will you be doing?
- Work with designers, PMs and strategists to create development plans
- Optimize fast, responsive and beautiful Shopify Plus websites
- Work on monthly retainers with amazing brands
- Solve problems and communicate technical solutions
- QA and browser test
- Attend team meetings and planning sessions
How you’ll contribute:
You love building websites and are obsessed with web standards, Shopify development and solving complex problems using technology. You’re not afraid of a challenge and know how to figure out development solutions. You can manage your time and work flow to handle multiple projects. You pay close attention to details and see projects through to the end.
- Experience building custom Shopify websites
- Experience with Git version control / Themekit etc..
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Experience building modular and reusable components
- Experience with QA testing
- Willing to take on challenges learn and grow your skills
Desired (Not mandatory, but would be awesome):
- JAM Stack and Headless CMS/Commerce
- React / Next JS / Node
- Knowledge of object oriented programming
- Email development (Klaviyo, Mailchimp etc..)
- $50,000-$100,000 (based on experience)
- Macbook / Home office Supplies
- Work with some of the biggest brands e-commerce
- Fully Remote
- Unlimited PTO
- No sick day limit.
- Paid holidays
- Career development opportunities (workshops, classes, mentorship)
- Team lunches / dinners (Remote / In-person TBD)
- Atena Healthcare
- CitiBike Membership (NYC)
- Perks and discounts
- Grow with a small team and take ownership over this role.