Otus is creating a culture of success while maximizing learning in the K-12 space. We do this by implementing amazing ideas from awesome people and we need more awesomeness on our team. Are you passionate, collaborative, love to geek out on technology, and want to work for a mission-driven company that is shaping the way teachers, students and parents of students learn together? If so, we want to hear from you.
Our diverse team consists of talented designers, developers, coaches, and leaders who share a variety of interests. You’ll find musicians, world travelers, beer enthusiasts, nerds, sports fans, and all-around great people who shape our positive culture. Your Role
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Full Stack Web Engineer to help bring the best possible software solutions to educators.
As an early member of a growing team, you must possess a strong work ethic and be upbeat, driven, intelligent, well-organized, articulate, share a passion for learning new technology, and thrive in a fun, fast-paced environment.
You will have the opportunity to immediately contribute and see results of your work in use by students, teachers, parents and district administrators across the country.
- Become an expert in the technology and product components for your squad, extending and improving them in alignment with the overall product roadmap.
- Collaborate with engineers, UI/UX designers, and product owners to build & ship new features and enhancements
- Hands-on development, contributing in shipping working software
- Collaborate with colleagues across various squads in the organization to split monolithic application into separate applications that can be shipped independently
- 3+ years of development experience
- Web application development experience for a SaaS product
- Well versed in either Node.JS backend services or Angular2+ SPAs
- Relational databases (T-SQL RDMS - MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, etc.)
- Designing, implementing, and shipping web applications
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Experience with pair programming
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Working experience utilizing Microservice Architecture
- Computer Science degree or related work experience
Nice to Haves
- Experience with containerized environments (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience building solutions hosted in major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience splitting up monolithic applications/codebases into microservices
- Experience with Student Information Systems and/or Learning Management Systems
- Experience with integrating with 3rd Party APIs
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and professional development spending
- 20 PTO days a year, plus a day off for your birthday (or a loved one), an interest day (to do something you love) and paid holidays
- Up to 12 weeks of parental leave, and great work/life balance
- Flexible hours and work from home policy so you can be at your most productive
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life Insurance and disability benefits
- 401K with an employer match (up to 4%)
- Working in arguably the best neighborhood in the city with the excellent food, drinks, coffee and donuts all within walking distance
- Working in an amazing office building with gym, rooftop deck, frequent social events, shuttle to and from train stations