We are 350+ employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from more than 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We pride ourselves on being an open and supportive company, which is why we were named to Fast Company’s list of 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators in 2019. Sonatype is committed to an inclusion for all workplace, we encourage all to apply. Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Sonatype’s mission is to enable organizations to better manage their software supply chain. We offer a series of products and services including the Nexus Repository Manager and Nexus Lifecycle Manager.
We are a remote and talented product development group and we work in small collaborative teams to create high-quality products. Thousands of organizations and millions of developers use our software. If you have a passion for challenging problems, software craftsmanship, and having an impact, then Sonatype is the right place for you.
You have an entrepreneurial mindset, like working in a team, can define and run experiments to learn what works, and like metrics to make decisions. You will work in an agile team and participate in all stages of product development, from concept to release, and subsequent iterations to react to learnings and refinements. You will contribute to the evolution of our applications and internal tooling, enabling better experiences for our customers and your teammates.
Required Experience & Skills
- Strong software engineering foundation and experience.
- Strong development experience with the Java stack.
- Effective communicator and collaborator; a great team player.
- Have a strong bias for making things happen.
- Experience working in an environment leveraging remote communication and collaboration tools (e.g. HipChat, Slack, video conferencing, wikis, Github, etc).
- Legally authorized to work (without sponsorship) in Canada
Desired Experience & Skills
- Experience or knowledge of other programming languages and ecosystems is a major plus as it is relevant to the domain of our products and services (Java, Maven, C/C++, Ruby, Python, PyPI, Node.js, npm, .NET, NuGet, etc).
- Knowledge and experience of continuous delivery, including automated testing of various layers, containerization, automation of infrastructure provisioning and deployment, etc.
- Knowledge and experience of relational and nonrelational databases.
- Experience developing applications deployed in Amazon Web ServicesExperience in an Agile development environment.
- Experience working in a remote environment.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Business casual dress
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.8
- Come see why we’ve won all of these awards