At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for working with other staff members and departments enterprise-wide to develop, design, and coordinate production of various graphic materials; these designs will be used for Delta Dental’s internal and external communications.
How you will make an impact:
- Produces and designs print and electronic documents for internal and external communications for enterprise departments.
- Executes designs, and/or electronic files for print or electronic use.
- Assists senior designers as needed, to produce projects.
- Reviews and approves proofs to ensure quality and accuracy of corporate materials with regard to branding, legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Attends press checks as necessary.
- Reviews incoming work and provides or obtains approvals as necessary; contacts in-house clients to expedite and clarify job requests.
- Performs production in the graphics area, completing all tasks and projects in order to meet or exceed production deadlines.
- Performs variable data programming and scripting for optimization and automation of production graphics.
- Designs materials to fit specific characteristics that represent the company’s corporate branding.
- Determines and organizes information given from the client, system data or research, and regulatory information to produce a quality design.
- Makes appropriate design and regulatory decisions and follows through on requests.
- Organizes, archives, and maintains collections of document sets and subsets for production needs; communicates new or updated document releases.
- Provides document technical support for web or print versions.
- Coordinates, creates, and maintains translated documents, files and logs.
- Oversees maintenance of departmental artwork records and files, print and electronic artwork drives, and artwork tracking logs and tables.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
What we look for:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education is preferred, but candidates with proven experience will not be excluded from consideration.
- Ability to work remotely, from a US based location.
- A minimum of 3 years related experience as a Graphic Artist with creative workstations.
- Familiarity with networked PC and MAC design/production environment.
- Knowledge of Web Design and HTML.
- Working knowledge of Macintosh and related production equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot prepress productions.
- Ability to attend offsite press checks before and after regular work hours.
- Knowledge of Desktop prepress software: Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Illustrator, Quark Xpress, Adobe Photoshop, and Presentation Software.
- Ability to build mechanicals for proofing and press purposes.
- Knowledge of Process Color and Pantone Color systems.
- Ability to time-manage projects to meet overall required deadlines.
- Ability to be detail-oriented as well as a problem-solver.
- Knowledge and application of English grammar including composition, editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong organizational/time management and project management skills, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Knowledge of health care industry issues is a plus.
- Knowledge of Delta Dental products, policies, claims, eligibility and underwriting guidelines is a plus.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums.
- 100% paid dental insurance.
- 100% paid vision insurance.
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive.
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills.
- Career growth: we love promoting from within!
- Strong commitment to work/life balance.
- Technology allowance.
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities.
Please note, Delta Dental will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.