We’re looking for an exceptional marketing leader with deep expertise in automation, attribution, and marketing operations at scale.
You will design and operationalize our marketing automation, lead management and email system. This includes building the right tech infrastructure and modeling, as well as driving an experimentation agenda that will help make the case for new data and product asks. We are looking for someone with a proven history of delivering operational improvements in a marketing org, successfully scaling email campaigns, and leading high-performance teams.
As Zapier’s Head of Marketing Operations & Email, you’ll be responsible for shaping the future of customer acquisition and engagement marketing for Zapier. You will work together with your team to drive campaign analysis, creative, testing, and measurement. You will work with the product team to develop and optimize tools for maximizing operational efficiency and campaign performance. Additionally, you will partner with the Decision Science team to provide attribution rules, reporting, and a framework for campaign analysis. You will report to the Director of Performance Marketing, and work together to set a vision for our email program, develop a world-class team, and create cross-functional partnerships within marketing and across the organization.
- You’ve done this before. You have 8+ years of relevant experience and a proven track record in marketing operations and/or e-mail. You’ve driven strategic work and operationalized the output across an organization. You’ve designed and built lead management systems.
- You are a skilled communicator. Zapier is a 100% remote team and being able to communicate well is critical. Chat and video are our primary means of communication. You have the ability to introduce unfamiliar topics with ease and possess the polish to present work at an executive level.
- You make good use of data. You have strong analytical skills. You know how to partner with analytics teams to develop and apply key insights.
- You play for the team. You bring a positive attitude to your work and think about the company first. You’re a strong collaborator with proven ability to partner/lead cross-functional efforts.
- You’re a skilled manager, mentor, and coach. You have led teams of 3+ and realize the best way to grow a team is by helping them to grow themselves. You’re able to effectively share your experience and provide a clear framework for growth, while managing to objectives and ensuring quality deliverables.
Things You’ll Do:
Zapier is a fast-growing and remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Own the strategy, planning, and execution of the email marketing channel. This would include setting the team’s experimentation agenda as well as reporting on and optimizing existing email initiatives.
- Analyze and communicate marketing performance to local and global stakeholders, learning and sharing best practices.
- Drive operational improvements in the creation, optimization, and measurement of email campaigns.
- Prioritize and execute on strategic e-mail needs from stakeholder teams.
- Partner with Decision Science team to advance measurement and understanding of impact and incrementality.
- Develop a world-class team of email campaign specialists.
- Travel 2-3 weeks of the year for company retreats to various cities throughout North America.
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, every week help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier.
For the past seven years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Planet Earth.
Our team of 280+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don’t have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.