Pixel Union and Out of The Sandbox are growing our Marketing team! We work with Shopify, and are one of the leading app and theme developers in their ecosystem. Shopify is a rapidly growing commerce platform with over a million merchants in over 150 countries.
We’re looking for a Head of Marketing, Themes to oversee our marketing efforts from social media and content marketing to advertising campaigns and creative projects spanning both of our brands. This position will be responsible for marketing activities as well as team leadership and defining our marketing strategy, in partnership with our GM Themes and VP Growth. You’ll be expected to immerse yourself in the world of ecommerce and use your leadership experience to run an engaged and effective, cross-divisional marketing team composed of creatives, data-lovers, and content creators.
As a natural leader, and by closely working together with Content & Design team members, you’ll be spearheading the following initiatives:
- Content Strategy: Based on a deep understanding of our existing merchant cohorts & demographics, build an effective content strategy for effectively engaging with our prospects & customers.
- Email Marketing & Customer Journey Optimization: As a natural extension of content strategy, build & optimize an email program that supports content initiatives and drives maximum engagement & performance through the entire customer lifecycle.
- Partnerships & Affiliate Strategy: Form new partnerships (and strengthen existing ones) with other developers, influencers, & affiliates in the Ecommerce space whose audience is relevant to our products.
- Paid Marketing: Oversee strategy, execution & optimization processes across relevant paid channels for prospecting, sales cycle retargeting, & key promotions.
- Social Engagement: Oversee engagement initiatives & monitoring processes across our owned social channels, as well as popular Ecommerce / Shopify communities, to glean insights and ensure a strong brand presence.
- 3+ years of experience in a strategic marketing role
- Previous experience managing people
- Experience managing a budget and tracking and analyzing ROI
- Confident leadership in a fast-changing environment & distributed teams
- Strong understanding of holistic digital marketing operations
- Data-driven approach to opportunity development & growth strategy
- Ability to run experiments & optimization processes effectively
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders & align on core initiatives
Pixel Union is a company built on creativity, teamwork and employee well-being. We come to the office (wherever that may be) to work hard, push our limits, and enjoy ourselves around good people. Some of our perks include:
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity for growth as the company grows
- Exposure and learning across teams and services
- Health benefits and RRSP matching
- Company-sponsored fitness allowance
- Generous vacation and PTO policy
- Flexible work schedule and remote-friendly culture and systems
- Learning and Development Allowance
- Educational sessions and company-sponsored certifications
Have you had a lot of short stints? Taken a long break to travel? Became a new parent? If there’s anything you want to clarify about your previous experience or gaps in your resume, please let us know in your cover letter!