At Doist, our mission is to inspire the workplace of the future by creating simple yet powerful productivity tools that promote a more fulfilling way to work and live.
We’re a multidisciplinary, fully remote team that’s passionate about creating products, like Todoist and Twist, that improve people’s lives. We thrive on innovating new solutions to old productivity challenges and we seek to rethink how productivity tools are made.
When you become a Doister, you’re not only joining a global, remote-first company, but a team of 70+ people who value:
- Independence. Others can trust that you’ll deliver on time and your teammates don’t need to worry about you keeping your word.
- Mastery. You love what you do and care deeply about the quality of your work, down to the smallest details. You’re continuously learning and pushing yourself to the limits of your ability. You’re never satisfied with the status-quo.
- Communication. Your communication is clear, concise, and engaging whether you’re explaining a complex idea or providing feedback to a teammate.
- Balance. You’re mindful about cultivating a healthy work-life balance. You care about the well-being of yourself, your team and the people around you.
- Impact. You’re able to take a bird’s eye view to pinpoint and then solve issues that have a high impact on our customers, our team, and our company. You’re committed to the health and success of both your teammates and Doist as a company.
We invite you to visit our blog to learn more about us, our values, and how we work.
What is Business Development at Doist?
The Business Development team is responsible for all third party partnerships, contracts, sponsorships, customer development, sales related activities, and managing revenue focused programs we build internally. Our mission is to support the internal Doist teams, and ensure that we’re collectively hitting our revenue goals and north star metrics - often by exploring initiatives that are considered to be “outside the box”. We create partnerships and co-marketing campaigns to enhance brand awareness and encourage new user signups, and manage internal projects that drive new revenue streams. Additionally, we occasionally work closely with some of our customers to ensure smooth onboarding, create special offers, and conduct user research to assist the product teams. Business Development wears a lot of hats and collaborates with nearly all internal teams and our 3rd parties, so strong “soft skills” are necessary to thrive on this team.
As a Business Development Junior at Doist, you’ll have the opportunity to be a big part of a small yet quickly growing team. In this role, you’ll have an immediate impact on the company and can help shape the evolution of the Business Development department. Reporting directly to the Head of Business Development, you’ll be the primary point of contact for some of our largest customers, our 3rd party service providers, and our co-marketing partners. Additionally, you’ll review sponsorship opportunities and assist with the development of our partnership, sales and channel marketing strategies. You’ll also have the opportunity to interact with various designers, engineers, marketers and the support team.
Your communication skills, both written and oral, as well as your ability to identify incredible opportunities for revenue creation, are some of your greatest assets. You have an eagerness to learn and a willingness to assist where ever needed. The opportunity to “wear many hats” excites you.
To thrive as a Junior Business Developer at Doist:
- You have 1+ year of experience in business development, marketing, sales, customer success, project management, customer development, or similar.
- You have experience delighting customers with thoughtful & empathetic customer service
- You have excellent communication skills, written and oral, and are capable of presenting them in a clear and concise manner in a live environment
- You are genuinely excited about the opportunity to learn on the job and willing to lend a hand wherever needed
- The phrase “maximizing ROI” motivates & excites you
- You’re data informed and familiar with SaaS metrics and terminology such as ARR, MRR, CLTV, churn, etc.
- You’re a creative and confident self-starter that thinks outside the box. You don’t wait for directions, but instead take the initiative to create your own projects.
- You’re passionate about subjects such as SaaS, productivity, startups, and remote work, and would feel comfortable working with 3rd parties associated with these topics.
- You have experience conducting in-depth research and analysis, and summarizing and presenting your findings
A complete application includes:
- A resume or manually entered experience (you can choose your preference).
- Thoughtful, thorough responses to all the application questions.
We’re bootstrapped, profitable, and committed to building a sustainable company that will grow for decades to come. We’ve built a benefits package that invests in our employee’s long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here’s a sample of what that includes:
- Competitive compensation.
- Flexible schedule and location. This is a fully remote position, so you can work from wherever you please and on a schedule that works best for you. All you need is a computer and access to a stable internet connection (which we sponsor!).
- Generous paid vacation + national holidays. You’ll receive 40 days of paid time off to use on vacation and holidays.
- Paid parental leave. 18 weeks of paid maternity leave and 5 weeks of paid paternity/adoption leave.
- Health & well-being stipend. You’ll have a monthly budget to spend on the things that keep you happy and healthy like a gym membership, books, snacks, internet, and health insurance.
- Amazing people. Being a part of the Doist team means you get to work with incredibly diverse, talented people who also enjoy having fun!
- Annual company retreats. Although we work remotely, we still enjoy bringing the whole team together to get to know each other, bond, and have face-to-face discussions in places like Spain (2015), Iceland (2016), Greece (2017), Chile (2018), and the Azores (2019) .
- Meaningful work. Working at Doist isn’t just about getting a job done; it’s about working together to positively influence people and teams all over the world.
- So much more!