Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. We are focused on making our mark as a next-generation, live operations games company.
We believe that each Viking is unique and brings exponential value to the company. In return, we provide Vikings with the opportunity to solve problems through continuous learning and fostering feedback, ultimately mastering their craft. By investing in our Vikings and in new technologies, we can continue our success for years to come.
We are embarking on an adventure and rely on our team of skilled, enthusiastic, and collaborative Vikings to turn our ship towards a new horizon. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join us on this new journey and help hoist the sails!
The Nitty Gritty
Big Viking Games is on the hunt for a Junior QA Analyst to join the team! Reporting to our Head of Technology, you’ll join a team of 3 QA analysts. This opportunity is ideal for a QA analyst looking to build their career at a growing company! This role is offered remotely, based out of ON, Canada.
- Perform functionality testing across multiple projects using various methods including completing detailed test plans
- Write and update detailed bug tickets in QA tracking software
- Merge and deploy code branches and builds for testing and release
- Regression test bug fixes thoroughly and communicate results
- Test quality and comparisons of assets, along with promotional purchasing flows
- Test across multiple platforms including browser, mobile, app etc.
- Become an expert in a variety of tools - test new tools and make recommendations for tool improvements
The Must Haves
- 6+ months of experience in a QA role/capacity - testing functionality across different platforms
- Excellent communication skills - both in written and verbal correspondence
- High attention to detail
- Contributes to a collaborative work environment through a positive attitude and open communication
- Ability to multitask and/or change priorities in a fast paced environment
The Nice to Haves
- A passion for games!
- Experience with JIRA, GITHUB, Confluence
- Basic SQL Skills
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- A generous amount of Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, Family Leave)
- Competitive Salaries
- Professional Growth
- Health & Wellness Benefits (Employee Assistance Program, Monthly Spending Account, Wellness Initiatives)
- Vikoins (Peer Recognition Program & Rewards)
- Stock Options
- Group RRSP
- Frequent remote events/meetings to stay connected with your peers and share company updates
- 100% Remote Work Environment