Location: Full-Remote, Berlin, Dornbirn
Part-time employment possible
(valid work permit for European Union required)
At Crate.io our mission is to empower people in every organization to make better decisions in real-time by harnessing the data generated through machinery and sensors. We have a unique capability in facilitating the ingestion and analysis of industrial scale machine data unlocking the bottlenecks associated with legacy technologies and helping companies to reduce risk and increase the efficiency of their operations.
CrateDB is an Industrial IOT database technology for enterprise manufacturing and industrial organisations needing to scale the use of machine data to enable advanced real-time analytics and insights. The market’s most advanced distributed SQL database, CrateDB’s technical architecture unlocks unlimited scale and speed, at a cost previously unachievable and is the only technology capable of simultaneously processing complex sensor/metadata in real time.
We are a deep-tech, VC funded startup with offices in Dornbirn (Austria), Berlin and San Francisco.
As a Junior Software Engineer, Backend (Database) you will learn to write code for the heart of our next-generation distributed database.
- Maintain, improve and extend the code base of our Open Source CrateDB database
- Ensure quality through test driven development
- Learn how to build features with performance and security in mind
- Do research on state-of-the-art data crunching techniques
- Opportunity to contribute to open source libraries or tools we use
- Fun working together with a team on new and edgy stuff
- Working in a mostly asynchronous environment with few meetings
- Professional experience as a developer (at least 2 years)
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Proactive and result-oriented
- Thinking out of the box and not blind to the shortcomings of one’s (own) company
NICE TO HAVE
- A basic foundation in computer science, with knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Experience with SQL
- Open Source Contributions (if applicable, please send us your Github Account etc.)
- Work experience with or theoretical knowledge of agile methodologies, such as Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Experience with CrateDB
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- Very flexible working hours
- A variety of perks (e.g. financial allowances for public transportation, fitness and education)
- Participation in our Employee Stock Options Plan
- The opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting startups in the IT scene (Top 25 IOT start-ups by Forbes Magazine)